DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What happens f I don't up-date the firmware?

Kalvik

Reactions
DJI Go app is working fine, so I'm reluctant to up-date the firmware.

What happens if I just leave it alone?

DJI Go app is working fine, so I'm reluctant to up-date the firmware.

What happens if I just leave it alone?

Not a thing. I'm still on several fw versions back as well as older Go4 App, not sure of the version. If you're happy with the way it flies no reason not to leave it be. Having said that if something happens and you file a claim with DJI they may refuse to honor warranty if you're not current. It's a toss up I suppose. :)

Reactions: pj02502
Absolutely nothing bad. If it's working for you, why hassle it?

Thanks. I think I'll just leave it be until I'm sure that a firmware version has all the bugs worked out.

Maybe I'll have to wait a long time!

Reactions: Redwings
Thanks. I think I'll just leave it be until I'm sure that a firmware version has all the bugs worked out.

Maybe I'll have to wait a long time!
I'm not in the most current firmware either and my Mavic flys fine. Zero issues and is a real champ.

Really no reason to update unless you're having issues, or want airplane mode. Meh.:)

Only thing to watch is a forced update, which does happen. The only way to avoid this is to make sure you don't ever run the app with the devices connected to the internet in any way -- and don't update the app either!

Reactions: sonof40 and Fplvert
I wonder if you need the update to use the DJI goggles? My Mavic also fly's great with no problems. Haven't updated firmware in 4 months.

Yes fw v01.03.0700 was put out specifically to support the DJI goggles. So if you're getting those youlll need to update.

The goggles have been around and being tested from before firmware .200 so unless DJI did something specific in the firmware to make it not work with older versions there is a 50/50 chance that it may work. As for DJI making claims of improved goggle support in .700 I put that in the same category as their improved RTH and Hovering coding. IOW it's almost impossible to see any difference.

BTW please do not tell people that using old firmware voids or changes the terms of their warranty or Refresh service. That is a rumor spread by a few individuals and is simply not True!

Rob

Reactions: sonof40 and Fplvert
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ICantStopTheLoneliness