DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What height does the Platinum's noise become invisible?

Reactions
i know for the pro's higher pitch tone and volume it is around 400-600 feet.

the platinum has a much different sound without the high pitch ring to it at all, so does anyone know with certainty at what height people will no longer hear it?

ive looked everywhere for this info and the only answer is for the pro not the platinum

thanks!

I can't hear my Pro past 200' with the Platinum blades on.

Reactions: Focalength
I can't hear my Pro past 200' with the Platinum blades on.

so this would likely mean 150 for the platinum as only altering the blades while maintaining the pro does not change the motor which still produces a higher tone compared to the platinum. thanks for the reply, anyone with a platinum have any confirmation?

What? Oh, sorry. About 200' for me as well. It's down to 150 or so when I can actually locate it by sound.

You all are forgetting one very obvious factor in this. It depends on your speed. It the drone is angled in the air, going 35 mph in sport mode, you will likely hear it at those heights. If not in sport mode and just cruising, then quieter.

You all are forgetting one very obvious factor in this. It depends on your speed. It the drone is angled in the air, going 35 mph in sport mode, you will likely hear it at those heights. If not in sport mode and just cruising, then quieter.
Yes, it is the quietest just hovering.

I don’t think it ever gets invisible. At 400 feet over head I can hear it. But it’s not obnoxiously loud like a P4.

At about 500 out and 200 up it’s very hard to hear. Much quieter than either Spark or P4. I can hear the Spark way out as it’s props have quite a high pitched whine.

Paul Caldwell

Depends on the background noise. I've flown over a little creed and can't hear it from 40 ft. but people above on the creek bank can hear it 200ft away. All depends on the ambient noise, or wind or ...

when assending or decending fully i can hear my mav from a long ways away, i have my assend and decend modded though but not to the max it showed on the vid, the stock is 10 the vid said change to 20 i am at 15. its quite loud assending and i can hear lots of wind noise decending fully as well

Reactions: MrsTreat
For me it starts to disappear at about 300'. At 400, if there isn't any ambient or wind, I can still make it out, but just barely, and I'm 60. Don't know about any higher as I don't exceed the Part-107 limit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming