DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What if phone is disconnecting during flight?

MikeSkril

Reactions
I will use my iPhone connected to the controller to fly the Air and I have a concern. I know that the lightning connector on my iPhone is not in best shape. If you touch the cable while the phone is charging, it disconnects easily.

What would happen if the phone disconnects during the flight? Can that be a major issue? Don’t get me wrong, it doesn’t disconnect that easily, but it could happen if I touch the cable.

Thanks!

Take a toothpick and clean out the lightning connector on the phone. It may have pocket lint packed into the bottom of the hole. Or get a new cord if that doesn’t work.
The software is simply a display. The rc will control the Mavic just fine without a phone or tablet. But you need to make sure to stay in los and learn to interpret the display on the rc.

Sorry! Didn’t notice this was about the air.
But my advice on the connector clean out is still good. :D. I have to dig lint out out my iPhone every couple ofmonths because it gets packed with lint and the connector won’t go all the way in.

Reactions: MikeSkril
Sorry! Didn’t notice this was about the air.
But my advice on the connector clean out is still good. :D. I have to dig lint out out my iPhone every couple ofmonths because it gets packed with lint and the connector won’t go all the way in.

Thanks for the advise!

If your phone/monitor is disconnected for what ever reason you can still fly fine, just no visuals till it reconnects. If you dont know where it is hit RTHome till you see it and hit cancell. Also you should put your phone in airplane mode. No good to get a call while flying.

If your phone/monitor is disconnected for what ever reason you can still fly fine, just no visuals till it reconnects. If you dont know where it is hit RTHome till you see it and hit cancell. Also you should put your phone in airplane mode. No good to get a call while flying.

That reassures me. Thanks!

That reassures me. Thanks!

Sure.
I had some issues with a Phantom 4 pro+ ( with attached) monitor. Was in Point of Interest mode, orbiting. The monitor crashed/ froze. I wet myself. Finally got it down. Figured out the remote still functions just fine with no Djigo 4 app or monitor. You can even restart the app. while in the air. If you are in a quick shot / auto mode use the pause button on the remote controller. Great feature. Enjoy!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staldzis