DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is ACTUAL difference between M3Pro and M3 Pro Cine capability?

christangey

Reactions
Site
www.alicespringsfilmtv.com.au
I'm sure this has been covered but maybe not with all the questions I need to have answered so please bear with me. I'm considering buying the M3 Pro BUT I am confused as to the difference with the Cine version and can't seem to find just one place that gives me straight answers.

As a huge DJI customer over the years owning the original Phantom, Mavic 1, (2 X) Mavic 2 a Mavic 3 Cine, two action cams and an Osmo Pro plus thousands of dollars in accessories for all of those I was really disappointed when DJi refused to sell me JUST the DJI Mavic 3 Pro Cine aircraft, for no particular reason except "that's our rules". I already own the controller that came with the M3 Cine plus an RC Pro, plus 5 batteries, 2 X AC chargers and 2 X DC chargers ALL compatible with the new Cine version but they are trying to get me to buy all sorts of stuff in a Combo kit, that I don't need, at all! After spending mega-bucks with them in the past, so much for customer loyalty. Surely this can't be true?

I'll put my questions in point form in case anyone just wants to answer one or two:

1. I know the Cine records Prores, but none of my clients, including some of the biggest Broadcasters in the world, have ever asked for it. I know it also has the internal 1tb SSD but are there any other differences between the standard Pro and the Cine?

2. With the right card, can the standard Mavic 3 Pro shoot slomo in 5.1K? Or even C4K? Or would I need the SSD in the Cine?

3. If I only shoot in HLG or D-Log (as I do) I have a question about 8 bit V 10 bit. It seems that all cameras will shoot in 10bit on the standard M3 Pro EXCEPT the tele camera which is only in 8-bit (as it is now)

But I also understand that the medium tele camera goes up to 7 X anyway, and if I only ever use 7 X max I can shoot in 10bit on that one and forget the tele altogether? That is, providing the 7X on the medium tele camera is in fact optical and not digital!

4. Anything else I should know?

Thanks a lot guys!

But I also understand that the medium tele camera goes up to 7 X anyway, and if I only ever use 7 X max I can shoot in 10bit on that one and forget the tele altogether? That is, providing the 7X on the medium tele camera is in fact optical and not digital!
There is no optical zoom on the Mavic 3 pro.
It has three fixed focal length lenses that DJI call 1X, 3X and 7X.
Anything else is digital zoom.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
There is no optical zoom on the Mavic 3 pro.
It has three fixed focal length lenses that DJI call 1X, 3X and 7X.
Anything else is digital zoom.
I understand that, but the new medium tele is listed as having 3-7 X capability, does that mean it is optical on both ends? (I'm obviously not interested in zoom anyway) So in other words is it optical 7 X on the top end of the medium and also optical 7 X times on the bottom end of the tele?

1. I know the Cine records Prores, but none of my clients, including some of the biggest Broadcasters in the world, have ever asked for it. I know it also has the internal 1tb SSD but are there any other differences between the standard Pro and the Cine?
Based on this statement, from what I have heard, you probably don't need to go with the Cine version.

I understand that, but the new medium tele is listed as having 3-7 X capability, does that mean it is optical on both ends? (I'm obviously not interested in zoom anyway) So in other words is it optical 7 X on the top end of the medium and also optical 7 X times on the bottom end of the tele?
The 3x camera only goes to 7x or anywhere beyond 3x by using digital zoom.
The 7x camera is 7x optical, but has the limitations you mentioned in your earlier post.

The 3x camera only goes to 7x or anywhere beyond 3x by using digital zoom.
The 7x camera is 7x optical, but has the limitations you mentioned in your earlier post.
Thanks! Good straightforward answer, not the one I wanted though! 😎

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas