DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

what is best tablet?

Hi, Dirby. Glad to have some younger members in this forum (I'm 78). Pleased to have you join us. I'm on my second drone (first a Mavic Pro, Now an M2P).

I bought a used iPad Mini 4, which I love. The good: iOS works better than Android. It fits--just barely--into the un-modified controller. The bad: It takes a LONG time to charge. It's not very bright. Bright enough, but not very. On sunny days I either have to stand in the shade, or use a sun shade. My friend uses a Samsung Galaxy. The good: it's BRIGHT. The bad: It's Android.

The MA2 is a fabulous machine for the beginner and the pro alike. I'm sure it will suit your needs just fine.

There are over 100,000 others of us from around the world are here to help you gain skill as a pilot and photographer.

Be sure to read the manual, and practice using the “Find My Drone” App. Chances are you will crash and perhaps lose your MA2. Just be sure you know how to retrieve it!

Happy flying!

Reactions: Dirby
Hi, Dirby. Glad to have some younger members in this forum (I'm 78). Pleased to have you join us. I'm on my second drone (first a Mavic Pro, Now an M2P).

I bought a used iPad Mini 4, which I love. The good: iOS works better than Android. It fits--just barely--into the un-modified controller. The bad: It takes a LONG time to charge. It's not very bright. Bright enough, but not very. On sunny days I either have to stand in the shade, or use a sun shade. My friend uses a Samsung Galaxy. The good: it's BRIGHT. The bad: It's Android.

The MA2 is a fabulous machine for the beginner and the pro alike. I'm sure it will suit your needs just fine.

There are over 100,000 others of us from around the world are here to help you gain skill as a pilot and photographer.

Be sure to read the manual, and practice using the “Find My Drone” App. Chances are you will crash and perhaps lose your MA2. Just be sure you know how to retrieve it!

Happy flying!
will the i pad mini 4 fit the ma2 with out any aftermarket adapters.
thx Don.

Reactions: Hauptmann
32 bit or 64 bit.
will this be 300.00 or more better than my i pad mini 4?
As you have a MA2, I'd recommend the Ipad Mini 5 if you don't already have the Mini 4.
DJI Fly is very cpu intensive and it will only get worse as it gets more features added to it

I have Ipad Mini 4, love it. Looking to buy Mini 5 much better, from what I have read in tech section about it. I fly two MP. Use the same one for both.
Although, many pilots, choose other tablets, that was what happened to me, had a lot of issues with Samsung. It did not work for me, DJI products and apple products seem to work well together. Put the ball is in your court, as to which one to buy. Some people feel that apple products are a curse, and apple is a cult. They really hate apple products, they work for me.

I have Ipad Mini 4, love it. Looking to buy Mini 5 much better, from what I have read in tech section about it. I fly two MP. Use the same one for both.
Although, many pilots, choose other tablets, that was what happened to me, had a lot of issues with Samsung. It did not work for me, DJI products and apple products seem to work well together. Put the ball is in your court, as to which one to buy. Some people feel that apple products are a curse, and apple is a cult. They really hate apple products, they work for me.
What is the difference between the 4 and the 5? I hope it charges faster.

Please check out the ipad mini 5 updates, the processing power of the ioad mini. It has the A12 Bionic chip under its hood, while the mini 4 has A8 processors so there should be significant improvements in speed between the two. Also the mini 5 launches in two models with a 64 GB and a 256GB
option. The ipad mini offers several hardware upgrades. You have to look at specs your self, I never take anybodys word for anything. Check and double check for correct info. Please let me me know what you decide, I am sold on it.

Reactions: Hauptmann
Please check out the ipad mini 5 updates, the processing power of the ioad mini. It has the A12 Bionic chip under its hood, while the mini 4 has A8 processors so there should be significant improvements in speed between the two. Also the mini 5 launches in two models with a 64 GB and a 256GB
option. The ipad mini offers several hardware upgrades. You have to look at specs your self, I never take anybodys word for anything. Check and double check for correct info. Please let me me know what you decide, I am sold on it.

In the meantime, I did check the specs. Quite a difference. The 5 is much more powerful. That said, My 4 has never run out of juice--I use it only for Litchi, Airmap, and DJI Go4. No need for me to upgrade now. But as the state of the art advances, there may be more and more need for speed and power, as there has been for everything else electronic. If I were buying now, I'd definitely go for the 5. It ain't much more expensive, anyway.

Thanks for your input.

i was going to trade my i pad mini 4 in on a i pad 10.5 but the deone guy and two other employees said that the mini 4 was better than the 10.5.
i thought that if i got a bigger i pad the numbers and letters on the battery and numbers on the satelites would be bigger but they wern't and can not be made bigger.
so i stayed with the i pad mini 4.

The most important is the brightness of the screen. The power of the CPU or RAM is useless, when you can not see anything`because of the sun light. So, when you choice some device, check the nits value of the display. It should be min 450 nits ( more is better) if you want to see the screen on sun light...

The most important is the brightness of the screen. The power of the CPU or RAM is useless, when you can not see anything`because of the sun light. So, when you choice some device, check the nits value of the display. It should be min 450 nits ( more is better) if you want to see the screen on sun light...

You can compensate for a less than super birght display by using a sun hood, but if the cpu is not powerful enough the DJI Fly video feed won't run smoothly and it will be a waste of time

Reactions: bp328i
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gyved