DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is desired amount of device storage?

markagarcia

Reactions
I am S7 edge user and am about to purchase an iOS to use as a dedicated device with my Mavic. I think I am going to get an iphone 6 plus My question is what the minimum amount of storage I need if I will be only be running the djigo4 app?

When using my S7 edge looks like flight pictures and videos are saved on both the SD card and my phone? If this is the case then would I be better off getting a 128G iphone 6 plus or would the 16G version work just as well?

The bigger the better.
I am using a 64GB and I have found that each flight uses about 1GB of space if your recording the whole flight video onto the phone. The Mavic has a limit of 16GB of recordings before it will start to rewrite over the old ones, so I can go roughly 16 flights without plugging in iTunes and downloading the video. Then you have map caching and that is another item I set the memory usage to very high. If your only planning on using GO4 and the phone is dedicated then 32GB would be fine but if at a later date you plan on using DJI GO or Litchi you have their storage to worry about. My last reason for going to 64GB was the second screen capture recordings that I wanted. I am using an app that captures the screen and that also consumes another 1GB per flight. 128GB may be a bit much but If the price is within your budget it cannot hurt. The truth is that 64GB is probably the biggest you will ever need.

Rob

The bigger the better.
I am using a 64GB and I have found that each flight uses about 1GB of space if your recording the whole flight video onto the phone. The Mavic has a limit of 16GB of recordings before it will start to rewrite over the old ones, so I can go roughly 16 flights without plugging in iTunes and downloading the video. Then you have map caching and that is another item I set the memory usage to very high. If your only planning on using GO4 and the phone is dedicated then 32GB would be fine but if at a later date you plan on using DJI GO or Litchi you have their storage to worry about. My last reason for going to 64GB was the second screen capture recordings that I wanted. I am using an app that captures the screen and that also consumes another 1GB per flight. 128GB may be a bit much but If the price is within your budget it cannot hurt. The truth is that 64GB is probably the biggest you will ever need.

Rob

This is an extremely helpful answer. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIFly