DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is going on?

Dave A

Reactions
My Mavic Pro Platinum arrived this morning so once I charged everything up I turned on the RC and AC and they connected no problems. I then connected the RC to my Crystalsky via USB and opened the Go 4 app. I was promped to update which I did with no problems, took about 30 minutes. Then restarted everything and opened the Go 4 app which wanted me to activate the AC, which I started to do but I couldn't finnish the activation because the app seems to disconnect the wifi connected need to activate the AC. And as long as the RC and AC are turned on I can't reconnect to the internet. I tried again using my phone instead of the CS but same thing. Then I tried using my laptop with DJI Assistant but again once the RC and AC are powered on all internet connections are lost and I can't sign into my home network again until I turn the RC and AC off.

What the heck is going on??
I can't activate my new Mavic Pro with the internet connection. HELP PLEASE!
Thanks

My Mavic Pro Platinum arrived this morning so once I charged everything up I turned on the RC and AC and they connected no problems. I then connected the RC to my Crystalsky via USB and opened the Go 4 app. I was promped to update which I did with no problems, took about 30 minutes. Then restarted everything and opened the Go 4 app which wanted me to activate the AC, which I started to do but I couldn't finnish the activation because the app seems to disconnect the wifi connected need to activate the AC. And as long as the RC and AC are turned on I can't reconnect to the internet. I tried again using my phone instead of the CS but same thing. Then I tried using my laptop with DJI Assistant but again once the RC and AC are powered on all internet connections are lost and I can't sign into my home network again until I turn the RC and AC off.

Thanks
Can you plug your laptop into the Ethernet? Sounds like the mavic is monopolizing your WiFi and you need a physical connection, I have heard of it sometimes before.

Thanks
Do you have a dual band router (2.4 and 5. Ghz?)

Here's a nifty trick that I figured out early on with the Mavic. Turn everything on, move your controller and device close to your wifi router, and put the Mavic in another room - away from the router, and away from the RC. When the Mavic and controller are too close together, the transmission signals from the Mavic interfere with the wifi to your phone, connected to the RC.

Do you have a dual band router (2.4 and 5. Ghz?)

Yes I do but only the 2.4 signal was showing up.
Anyways I managed to get it to stay connect to the internet. I was using the long USB cable that came with it plugged into the bottom of the RC then into the left side of the Crystalsky. So now I tried an OTG cable from the left side of the RC into the left side of the Crystalsky and that combination didn't shut down the wifi connection to the network. AC is now activated and all is good. Thank you for the replies.

Here's a nifty trick that I figured out early on with the Mavic. Turn everything on, move your controller and device close to your wifi router, and put the Mavic in another room - away from the router, and away from the RC. When the Mavic and controller are too close together, the transmission signals from the Mavic interfere with the wifi to your phone, connected to the RC.

I did finally get the activation done but thanks for that info. Good to know for next time.

Reactions: Bunny Too
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renevista