DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the maximum SD card size for the DJI RC?

Hi I’m new here, I need to know what size I need for a trip I’m going on to Asia for a month with my Mini 3 Pro and RC Controlle. I will be using a 512gb for the Mini but to kn what size for the RC Controller?
You don't need any card in the controller.
The maximum card size you use depends on how much of your work you want to lose at one time.
Think about how many eggs you want to put in one basket.

Hi I’m new here, I need to know what size I need for a trip I’m going on to Asia for a month with my Mini 3 Pro and RC Controlle. I will be using a 512gb for the Mini but to kn what size for the RC Controller?
thank you
I don't know if you can use a 512gb in the drone. Have you tried it? I have only used 256gb as DJI says that is the max the drone can use.

I have 400gb in both my Mini 4 Pro and the RC2 controller. I have the Goggles 3 coming in the next few days…I like symmetry so I’ll be adding another 400gb card to those as well. My plan is simply to download new videos always off of the drone to my 2TB backup drive as well as to the cloud. I just don’t want to lose any good footage. I lost one amazing scene that I filmed with the Spark at my local harbor a few years ago and it still is painful to me. So everything gets backed up always. Oh, and I made sure to purchase two years of DJI refresh insurance! Anticipating and planning for the worst! :)

Well, I'm paranoid for the reason @Meta4 has posted on twice. It's happened to me.

So I fly with a 64B card, and swap it for a blank one each flight on an outing. When I get home, everything's off-loaded to a 2TB portable SSD that does automatic copy of the contents into a folder named with the date on insertion. That then gets incrementally backed up to NAS on my network regularly.

WD MyPassport Wireless SSD. Western Digital stopped making this for awhile, but it seems to be available again on Amazon. The 2TB version is pricey, but there are 250/500GB versions that are more affordable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J