DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the maximum SD card size for the DJI RC?

Yt2

Reactions
Hi guys,

Does anyone know the maximum size SD card for the DJI RC?
I cannot find any information on it in the specks.
Cheers Yt2...

Firstly, the SD card is not in the rc, it's a mini card in the back of the drone.
If you read the manual, page 45, it specifies the recommended cards and some of them go up to 256Gb.

Firstly, the SD card is not in the rc, it's a mini card in the back of the drone.
If you read the manual, page 45, it specifies the recommended cards and some of them go up to 256Gb.
Nah, the DJI RC unit itself has an SD card slot, as do all the other standalone controllers.

To the OP's question, I think the max on the Smart Controller is 64gb. It's older, so I wouldn't be surprised if the RC took higher capacity cards, but I'm not sure why you'd need more than 32 or 64gb for your controller.

Yeh I was thinking of using a 64gb card as I have spare ones of those.
I haven't turned on the RC yet ( tomorrow) so I'm not sure what data it will store...
Thanks Yt2...

@Yt2 the DJI RC does indeed have a micro SD card slot, and it will take up to a 512gb,card if you check the on line manual it lists the supported cards ,but be aware that the resolution of the stored images ,will not be the same as those stored in the drones SD card

However....since the RC Controller is only recording low res video...not much need for a large card for most folks. I use 128 and 256 in my drones and 64 in my controller. I'd add that all stand alone controllers don't have cards. The FPV controllers don't as the micro sd card goes in the headsets. I don't recall the N1 controller for my Mav3 having one. The low res video is recorded on the device connected to the controller. In fact the RC controller is the outlier here.

Reactions: db4476
Just put a 128 gb card in my new RC. It's what I had lying around, even though it's overkill. Seems to work fine.

If cheddar-man's RC doesn't have a card slot, maybe he got snookered...

I presumed that the DJI RC was any RC. I have a Mini2 RC and it doesn't have an SD card slot, so there.
Should be moire specific what they're talking about😡

Take your complaint to DJI! DJI RC - DJI

I presumed that the DJI RC was any RC. I have a Mini2 RC and it doesn't have an SD card slot, so there.
Should be moire specific what they're talking about😡
Cheddar man, if you don't know what you are talking about, please keep your comments to yourself. I think you need to know you own gear's name instead of saying that we should be more specific. My product is the DJI RC controller, what's the name of your controller???

Hi guys,

Does anyone know the maximum size SD card for the DJI RC?
I cannot find any information on it in the specks.
Cheers Yt2...
I have a 400gb in my controller. I was a spare I had. It works fine

Hi I’m new here, I need to know what size I need for a trip I’m going on to Asia for a month with my Mini 3 Pro and RC Controlle. I will be using a 512gb for the Mini but to kn what size for the RC Controller?
thank you

@phazemonster this is just my take on SD card size for the drone ,personally i wouldn't use any more than a 128g card in the drone ,because its better to change the card often if you fly at different locations ,that way if for some reason the drone goes down because of some unforeseen issue, you will not have had all your video and pics on the one card,which would all be lost if the drone was as well ,in fact if you were just taking pics on a particular day then a 64g or even a 32g card would be more than adequate

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54