DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro distance question

The-Hive

Reactions
Hi Folks. I am new to the Mini 3 Pro and have a question, I have DJI RC when I set the maximum distance ( or even heigh. What happens when the drone reaches it? does it enter RTH or just not fly any further/higher?
The info I found on the net / YT seems contradictory.
Many Thanks ...... Rod

Hi Folks. I am new to the Mini 3 Pro and have a question, I have DJI RC when I set the maximum distance ( or even heigh. What happens when the drone reaches it? does it enter RTH or just not fly any further/higher?
Many Thanks ...... Rod
Generally when the user sets a limit, the drone will simply stop when it reaches that limit. If you set a height limit of 200 feet, the drone will bump up against 200 feet and simply stop from going any higher. Maybe it stops at 198 feet. If you set a distance limit of 500 feet, once it goes 500 feet distance it will not go any further. The drone doesn't RTH but it usually just stops and hovers as long as it still has a connection.

Generally when the user sets a limit, the drone will simply stop when it reaches that limit. If you set a height limit of 200 feet, the drone will bump up against 200 feet and simply stop from going any higher. Maybe it stops at 198 feet. If you set a distance limit of 500 feet, once it goes 500 feet distance it will not go any further. The drone doesn't RTH but it usually just stops and hovers as long as it still has a connection.
@mavic3usa Thanks for that, sure makes sense unlike our friend the internet :( and thanks for a speedy reply. Rod

Many Thanks ...... Rod

I encourage you to set altitude and distance limits and see for yourself what the drone does. No extremes needed. 30' altitude and 50' distance are fine.

There's no risk involved and experiencing it yourself is far better than reading about it.

Reactions: The-Hive
I encourage you to set altitude and distance limits and see for yourself what the drone does. No extremes needed. 30' altitude and 50' distance are fine.

There's no risk involved and experiencing it yourself is far better than reading about it.
Thanks @MS Coast I just didn't want a flyaway or loose control

Reactions: MS Coast

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman