DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is this DJI trust certificate - software on my PC

Banstead

Reactions
I was looking in my PC in Windows 10 - Security Options:
Internet Browser Tools, Internet Options, Content, Certificates, Trusted Publishers and surprised to find that the only certificate on my PC was from DJI, but I do net know how I authorized this.
It is obviously related to my Mavic 2 and a colleague suggested that this is to allow DJI to deploy and execute software on my PC without my knowledge.
This surprised me; as I only use my Ipad for flying my Mavic 2 and my desktop PC is only for private use.
Anyone know how this certificate got on my desk PC and what it actually doDJI Cert.JPG?

Reactions: E90RAW
It's a certificate issued to DJI by WoSign and used to sign their executables as a means to validate that the executable is a genunine DJI binary that has not been tampered with. It was most likely acquired through an install of DJI Assistant, although I'm not sure how it ended up installed in there. It's harmless, but you can safely remove it if it bothers you.

As an aside, I'd guess it's also a pretty old install of DJI Assistant. WoSign were pretty much killed as a certificate authority back in 2017 after multiple irregularties with their operating practices led to both Google & Mozilla distrusting their certificates. The last few releases of DJI Assistant all appear to have either been left unsigned or signed with a DJI self-signed certificate (including the latest v2.0.12).

Reactions: E90RAW
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+