DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is this ?

Kamau54

Reactions
Exactly what is this for, and do I actually need a PC to do it? My drone seems to fly fine without updating..
I clicked on the box on my phone, but nothing happens.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210313-113552.jpg
    Screenshot_20210313-113552.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 99
  • Screenshot_20210313-113558.jpg
    Screenshot_20210313-113558.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 93
The vision sensors help with horizontal position accuracy when close to the ground and with obstacle avoidance and yes, I believe it can only be accomplished with a PC or a Mac. I have had to do it once in over two years. Not too hard to do, although some have had problems i think related to the monitor.

Reactions: Kamau54
The vision sensors help with horizontal position accuracy when close to the ground and with obstacle avoidance and yes, I believe it can only be accomplished with a PC or a Mac. I have had to do it once in over two years. Not too hard to do, although some have had problems i think related to the monitor.
Thanks. And of course, I just sold my PC because we do everything on our phones now. We actually hadn't touched it in months. Time for a cheap laptop I guess.

Reactions: Camino Ken
Thanks. And of course, I just sold my PC because we do everything on our phones now. We actually hadn't touched it in months. Time for a cheap laptop I guess.
Be careful, the laptop monitor may be too small but I’m not sure. I know folks have had a number of issues with monitor size.

Definitely needs doing if asked for or fly blind.

A small low res screen is more likely to work than big 4K monitor.
I had to abandon my PC and use an old 17" laptop.

The process entails holding the drone at exactly the optimum distance from the screen and then pointing each sensor in turn at the screen and following around the screen square to square. After the final sensor has followed the course the program calculates the deviation of the sensors from whats expected. After the calculation which can take several minutes. The drone firmware is updated and your avoidance sensors should no longer bee boss-eyed.

Definitely needs doing if asked for or fly blind.

A small low res screen is more likely to work than big 4K monitor.
I had to abandon my PC and use an old 17" laptop.

The process entails holding the drone at exactly the optimum distance from the screen and then pointing each sensor in turn at the screen and following around the screen square to square. After the final sensor has followed the course the program calculates the deviation of the sensors from whats expected. After the calculation which can take several minutes. The drone firmware is updated and your avoidance sensors should no longer bee boss-eyed.
Even thought it is a 4K screen, you ca temporarily change your resolution to the 1280x720, do your maintenance, then change it back to 4k. Or buy a cheap screen to plug in just when you want to do this type of operation. I have three screens, two are set to 4k and one for standard res for older software and issues like this.