DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is wrong with dji assistant 2?

crusty50

Reactions
Trying to figure out dji assistant 2. I get through the updating firmware bother, then try to calibrate. It tells me it can't tell what size my monitor is, so I input 42 (not knowing if that is what they are asking, but it's the size of my monitor), then I click on "Recalibrate". The window opens, on the left side of the pane are the instructions how to hold the drone, etc. At the bottom of that pane are two boxes labelled "sensor status". On the extreme right of the window are three buttons, one with a question mark indicating "help" (not really helping) which, if you click on it brings up 4 possible help subjects that don't help at all, then a button which starts the tutorial, then a third which expands or shrinks the entire window.
In between is a large blank area where you actually do the calibrating. At the end of the tutorial there are two buttons -- one says "previous" the other says "calibration" -- they both are greyed out and do nothing. There is no other button to start the calibration, no indicator as to what's next. Basically this is as far as I have gotten -- I hold the drone up as the tutorial tells you to -- then NOTHING happens. WTF am I doing wrong?
Please help -- also remember that I am very stupid and don't understand everything I find on DJI's horrible software and firmware.

Reactions: JohnnyD913
Nothing is wrong with it or has not been with me.
Try watching this and see if that helps you.

Trying to figure out dji assistant 2. I get through the updating firmware bother, then try to calibrate. It tells me it can't tell what size my monitor is, so I input 42 (not knowing if that is what they are asking, but it's the size of my monitor), then I click on "Recalibrate". The window opens, on the left side of the pane are the instructions how to hold the drone, etc. At the bottom of that pane are two boxes labelled "sensor status". On the extreme right of the window are three buttons, one with a question mark indicating "help" (not really helping) which, if you click on it brings up 4 possible help subjects that don't help at all, then a button which starts the tutorial, then a third which expands or shrinks the entire window.
In between is a large blank area where you actually do the calibrating. At the end of the tutorial there are two buttons -- one says "previous" the other says "calibration" -- they both are greyed out and do nothing. There is no other button to start the calibration, no indicator as to what's next. Basically this is as far as I have gotten -- I hold the drone up as the tutorial tells you to -- then NOTHING happens. WTF am I doing wrong?
Please help -- also remember that I am very stupid and don't understand everything I find on DJI's horrible software and firmware.
How odd is it that ur experiencing the EXACT
problem with assistant 2 as I..
With mine It will go thru the entire process with me doing exactly as I’m prompted.
I follow the pattern 2 times with front sensors and twice with bottom.
Once it’s done it says it’s calibrating and even shows the percent done so far...
Then after all that it says something about screen size error,
I use the menu that is useless u speak of to no avail..
Idk what’s up..

Guys I don’t know what’s up. I just calibrated mine to see if anything had changed and it went right through. Now I’m on a iMac but don’t think that had anything to do with it.
89E1894A-4F6A-49AC-8311-C8050600B704.jpeg

Guys I don’t know what’s up. I just calibrated mine to see if anything had changed and it went right through. Now I’m on a iMac but don’t think that had anything to do with it.
View attachment 122909
I’m gonna try a bigger external monitor next then maybe
A 32 inch tv...
Thanks for all ur time dirkclod

Reactions: dirkclod
I’m gonna try a bigger external monitor next then maybe
A 32 inch tv...
Thanks for all ur time dirkclod
Is no problem I just can’t figure out where your issue is.

Just spit-ballin here....but I think it might want to know your screen resolution...not how big you monitor is. Not all programs support all resolutions. Shouldn't matter the physical size of your monitor. Mine is at 1920 x 1080 and worx with DJI Asst. 2 just fine.
Just a thought...good luck.

Just spit-ballin here....but I think it might want to know your screen resolution...not how big you monitor is. Not all programs support all resolutions. Shouldn't matter the physical size of your c /s. D Cr. G monitor. Mine is at 1920 x 1080 and worx with DJI Asst. 2 just fine.
Just a thought...good luck.
Ok’ Sparky,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+