DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is wrong with my Camera or Settings?

aviatorarun

Reactions
Hi Guys, I just started using my mavic, just took few videos, the quality is very bad, it is grainy and it is not clear at all. I was just using the out of box auto setting. did not change anything? can anyone point what could be the problem here?

What setting did it record on? Was it 4K? If so, the issue could be what your watching it on is not capable of 4K playback. If so, it will play back choppy, jerky and look horrible. I'm watching it on an ipad2 and it looks fine

okay, probably the windows media player or i am not sure, It was a 4K file. it looked great in my ipad mini 4 when i was filming it. when i copied the files from the memory card to my windows pc, the video files looked very choppy , especially the grass, it was all like glittery. I have other footage, where i was flying across a empty parking lots, where the parking lines are like all kind of moving / wavey.

Reactions: Dva78
okay, probably the windows media player or i am not sure, It was a 4K file. it looked great in my ipad mini 4 when i was filming it. when i copied the files from the memory card to my windows pc, the video files looked very choppy , especially the grass, it was all like glittery. I have other footage, where i was flying across a empty parking lots, where the parking lines are like all kind of moving / wavey.

That's called rolling shutter/jello. I can't see the video at work, but was it cold out or really bright.

Did you cache the video file on your iPad mini? If so, play that back and look at results. If smooth, probably your computer that your running windows media player on is not up to the task of playing back 4K. The other issue, which is very common on here is what the above response is about. Most owners suggest ND filters to allow you to lower the shutter speed ( like putting sunglasses on ur Mavic ) that helps alleviate jello/wavy/jerky footage.

Reactions: aviatorarun
Looks like you used 1080P @ 30FPS. I've found that 1080P doesn't look that great. Instead use 2.7K @30FPS or UHD @30FPS. You'll get much better results. Also, change the color profile such that sharpness is +1. There is an issue with the Mavic hardware based softening which will remove details. At +1 sharpening all of the detail should be preserved. This issue is especially apparent on overcast days like what you were shooting.

Did you cache the video file on your iPad mini? If so, play that back and look at results. If smooth, probably your computer that your running windows media player on is not up to the task of playing back 4K. The other issue, which is very common on here is what the above response is about. Most owners suggest ND filters to allow you to lower the shutter speed ( like putting sunglasses on ur Mavic ) that helps alleviate jello/wavy/jerky footage.
I can see the cached video in my ipad mini 4 is playing good, i am not seeing any jitters and it is very clear. white parking lines are good. I think it is my monitor then. it is 1080P monitor and i am trying to view a 4k file.

Nah man it looks good, a bit dark but nice color and real sharp. I haven't had mine long but I've noticed that forward and back shots always appear much smoother than side shots. I don't know if this is the drone or if it's our eyes. If you think about it our eyes are real good at tracking things coming and going but not nearly as good as side to side. I dunno though, I got a drone that shoots 4K but don't have a screen anywhere that lets me really appreciate it lol.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661