DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

what kind of voodoo magic stuff is in this thing?

That’s weird! I was just humming Hotel C and Take it Easy and then I read your post ....... there is some hoodoo woodoo going on here .... ? ? ? ..... She’s a Black Magic Woman ...... ??? ? ? ? ?

Come along if you care
Come along if you dare
Take a ride to the land inside of your mind
But please realise
You'll probably be surprised
For it's the land unknown to man
Where fantasy is fact
So if you can, please understand
You might not come back

Reactions: DJimages.BiZ
Three main reasons I can think of :

1) Drones are typically fitted with wide-angle lenses ( 24 ~ 28 mm ) so the sharpness of the image is inherently not sensitive to camera shaking. The same goes for DSLR

2) The object is typically far away so some small vertical / horizontal movements of the drone do not have much effect on the image , again, the same goes for DSLR.

3) This is probably the biggest difference from DSLR, The gimbals of drones have MUCH larger degree of movement to compensate for tilting / panning changes of the drone during exposure. E.g. You can rock the drone up and down by as much as 30 degress and and still give a relatively stable video feed. This is impossible with DSLR no matter how good the stabilization mechanism is because the movements of the lens elements and sensors are much more restrictive.

Three main reasons I can think of :

1) Drones are typically fitted with wide-angle lenses ( 24 ~ 28 mm ) so the sharpness of the image is inherently not sensitive to camera shaking. The same goes for DSLR

2) The object is typically far away so some small vertical / horizontal movements of the drone do not have much effect on the image , again, the same goes for DSLR.

3) This is probably the biggest difference from DSLR, The gimbals of drones have MUCH larger degree of movement to compensate for tilting / panning changes of the drone during exposure. E.g. You can rock the drone up and down by as much as 30 degress and and still give a relatively stable video feed. This is impossible with DSLR no matter how good the stabilization mechanism is because the movements of the lens elements and sensors are much more restrictive.
That's basically what I said in reply #10, only better articulated Thumbswayup ...

As many people already said, gimbal plays a big part of this "magic". Just check where DJI is expanding next, with their just released product DJI RS2 for camera stabilization. I guess they are now using years of knowledge from developing gimbals for drones and bringing it to other users of photography.

As many people already said, gimbal plays a big part of this "magic". Just check where DJI is expanding next, with their just released product DJI RS2 for camera stabilization. I guess they are now using years of knowledge from developing gimbals for drones and bringing it to other users of photography.

DJI have been making stabilised platforms for photography/video for a long time.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada