DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What Micro sd cards are you using ?

ninja_geezer

Reactions
Got some SanDisk micro sd cards 128gb extreme pro .also got a 64 version .
i am having issues all to often when i connect the aircraft to my pc windows saying the cards need formatting ! now luckily i have the wonder share recover it software this gets all my videos back fine its just a PITA as it happens more often ,i have tested the cards with H2testw .i saw this twic? i think on my air 2 .i am now thinking to try some other cards ,what are you guys all using on the air 2 s ?

i am having issues all to often when i connect the aircraft to my pc windows saying the cards need formatting ! now luckily i have the wonder share recover it software this gets all my videos back fine its just a PITA as it happens more often ,i have tested the cards with H2testw .i saw this twic? i think on my air 2 .i am now thinking to try some other cards ,what are you guys all using on the air 2 s ?
If you want fewer long-term compatibility issues, limit the micro CD card size to 64 Gig. Doesn't mean 128 Gig won't work, but you've already demonstrated my point. I can't imagine you would need more capacity than that anyway; even @4k that's several flights.

• Haha
Reactions: tlswift58
If you want fewer long-term compatibility issues, limit the micro CD card size to 64 Gig. Doesn't mean 128 Gig won't work, but you've already demonstrated my point. I can't imagine you would need more capacity than that anyway; even @4k that's several flights.
yes been using the 5.4k looks great but fills up the cards fast !!

The following Video Explains what the symbols on SD/MicroSD cards mean. Example a V90 symbol indicates a minimum SUSTAINED Video recording/write speed of 90MB/s which covers up to 8k video recording. Anyway She explains everything.

Reactions: ninja_geezer
Try formatting your cards on your computer only. Then put them in the drone. That's what I had to do to get rid of the card needs formatting messages. They worked in the drone just fine. Then when putting them in the computer no format message popped up. I formatted them with quick format and used default format method. It worked for me anyway.

Reactions: ninja_geezer
With my Extreme SD Cards, I may get an occasional "drive has issues, scan it now!" pop-up. I just ignore it. Looked at card a couple of times after that message popped up and NO ISSUES could be found when I did a scan (after removing my pictures / videos FIRST). Windows is not the greatest operating system and WIN10 seems to be a lot like some of the older crap versions like ME, Bob, and others. I much prefer WIN7, yet it is no longer supported by MS, which is fine with me - I don't like all their updates and others BS they throw out there haphazardly at times on WIN10 or other previous OS's.

As for formatting - I "prefer" to do it in the drone as DJI has it set up that way to format the card as it wants. Doing it in the PC has too many options that a novice may not understand if they start playing around with it. Have done PC many times too and ZERO issues on my 128's.

Try formatting your cards on your computer only. Then put them in the drone. That's what I had to do to get rid of the card needs formatting messages. They worked in the drone just fine. Then when putting them in the computer no format message popped up. I formatted them with quick format and used default format method. It worked for me anyway.
so did you use exfat ?

Thanks for sharing!

My best recommendation is to be sure it is V30 and greater. Anything lower can result in choppy recording. Visit the following site. Also the size is certainly up to you however for shooting at 4k resolution I suggest at least 64GB and greater. 32 GB will do but you will run of storage space and might need to bring the baby back home; that will be precious loss of battery juice. 128 GB is idea.

On the left navigation you will see a category called Drone/Action Camera. Click on that.

This is what i am trying the moment . ?

the SanDisk extreme pro cards have been tested and are perfect and very fast .i got read speeds of 169 and write of 93 when i tested them last week .i am now trying just a quick format in windows seems ok so far .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929