DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What mini drones are people using?

Lordy

Reactions
Hello people, I've just order a mini drone (hubsan h107c)
Just wondering if many others have anything for playing with while at home while the weather is bad.
Any good recommndations?
It' hard to find one with decent battery life & altitude hold etc so any really good ones out there that tick all boxes maybe?

Also has anyone got a mavic clone?

Reactions: Irish-apple
i had a mavic clone,motor went bad,returned it and used the money towards a P3 to train with.

Hello people, I've just order a mini drone (hubsan h107c)
Just wondering if many others have anything for playing with while at home while the weather is bad.
Any good recommndations?
It' hard to find one with decent battery life & altitude hold etc so any really good ones out there that tick all boxes maybe?

Also has anyone got a mavic clone?
have the husban x that you have ordered serious little drone great trainer / stable / fast and fairly precise .

the mavic copy thing is ok its very dangerous though pal so if you get it outside only until your comfortable flying

Reactions: Lordy
Heliway 903 with altitude hold is fun inside but also does well outside. A friend bought one of those Mavic look a like drones but it was kind of large for inside flying. I like the smaller ones as they'll have less chance of damaging something in the house. I also have a Holy Stone HS-150 bolt bee (which is the same as the Heliway 903 W/O altitude hold) but having to stay on the throttle is challenging to say the least when flying inside. The 903 with altitude hold is about 40 bucks but you'll need extra batteries, props, and prop guards. Batteries take about an hour to charge. Propel makes a small one called the Zipp Nano 2.0 with altitude hold which is another great inside drone for about 20-30 bucks. Unfortunately it doesn't have a replaceable battery and is not a good flyer in any wind. We use these to crash into each other during competition so I don't want a camera plus a cheap drone is more expendable than the high priced toys.

Reactions: Lordy
Eachine E58 (mini Mavic), couple of Proto X, and soon hopefully the Tello. I’m pretty excited about it. From videos I’ve seen, the camera is junk, but it looks real fun to fly. Plus, no trim to mess with. I hate having to trim out a cheap drone before flight.

I had the same Hubsan. Great fun indoors and out. Doesn't have altitude hold though?

I bought a smaller eachine drone while it was on sale. The one with a lego toy on top of it. Great fun indoors. Getting around 5/6mins on a battery.

I went through 3 Sky Viper s1700 with bigger battery packs before getting my Mavic. Lost the first two and the third got beat up from wear and tear.

I have the Eachine E58 pocket drone. I call it "Wild Thing" It is fun, and fits the if you can control this you will have very little problem controlling the MP.

Reactions: locoman
Got a Zerotech Dobby last November. Fits perfectly into my pocket the way I originally hoped for the Mavic Air would do.

I use Devention 7E or 10 to control-fly Deviated-Programmed models in house; Eachine10, 11, H8, Estes Nano, Hubsan 107, JJRC1000 and favorite
FQ777-124 on and on. Syma X5 or X11 probably all time best trainers.

I highly recommend Devo 10, add 4 in 1 module then flash Deviation to control
all toy models with 1 Controller. Great range !

The Hubsan h107c is a great drone for the price since it has gps to hold its position both vertically and horizontally, plus it has RTH. It has a decent camera but it's limited since there's no video transmission to view while you're flying and range is limited. But for safe sport flying in line of sight conditions it's great. My desire to fly farther and see what the drone sees led me get the mavic. But the fact you're putting $1000 in the air every time you fly it adds a level of stress for me, that dampens the fun.

Maybe my favorite drone is my cheapest - a Cheerson cx- 10D. It's a nano quad with altitude hold which you can easily fly indoors. I've gotten more flights out of that than any other, and at $20 it's the most bang for your buck. Other toy drone favorites are my Syma x-20 and x-11.

The parrot mambo is the best mini drone I have tried. Before that I had tons of fun on a eachine e52. The mambo is on another league. Its very stable and responsive as it has a visual positioning camera and ultrasonic sensor. It can also take quite a beating. I have crashed it hard several times and its still going strong. Fun little sucker.

Cheers

Got a Zerotech Dobby last November. Fits perfectly into my pocket the way I originally hoped for the Mavic Air would do.
+1. I have a ZEROTECH DOBBY Mini, 1080P video resolution, 13 megapixel and 4K image capture, measuring just 5.3 x 2.6 x 1.4 inches and weighing 199 grams. In addition, it also has gesture control, face recognition, target tracking, continuous shooting and timed photos. It is the most satisfactory pocket selfie drone for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer