DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What phone do you use?

What type of phone do you use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Only Android external devices for me, smarthphones and tablets, when is not possible to pilot my drones, also Autel, with a Smart Controller as the one for Mavic 2 series and others.
For some time, years ago I also used an iPad mini 4, then I finally put it aside due to a couple of technical limitations and use problems that I have not been able to eliminate and which were intolerable to me, although I am familiar with Apple computers which are still my main computers that I have always worked on, for many years.

iPhone XS recently upgraded to iPad Air 3. The larger screen is a HUGE safety benefit as well as provides a superior interface for mapping applications. Regardless of your platform choice moving to a larger screen will increase your capability and safety margin.

I used the Samsung Note 8. Traded that and her Galaxy Note 20 ultra to get her the Samsung Z Fold 4. She loves it!
Now have to figure our how to use my iPhone 13 Pro Max with the Spark and Mavic Air!

I have a Motorola G30, and a Sharp Aquos C10. Both work perfectly, except that the Motorola doesn't have a magnatron, so it cannot show which way you are pointing .... The Sharp has a better screen, and also has a magnatron. It is perfect for the Fly app, and shows which way you are pointing in the compass ... If you can get hold of a Sharp Aquos C10, go for it, and they should be pretty cheap ...

None of the Z folds are listed on the DJI website. I can find several however who use the Fold 3 without issues, but so far one person with a 4 says it will not work with the Fly app. Hoping that someone with a Fold 4 has experience.

The thing to remember is that the Fold is an early adopting device. Even being the 4th iteration, its quite fragile. You need to really research how you plan to attach it to the controller. Personally, I used rubber bands on the RC N1 controller behind the pull out antenna and wrapped around the two upper corners of the Fold phone. cost me a penny. literally. lol

The issue with normal ($20+)adapters is pressure applied to the fragile Fold inner screen. Theyre not built with a fragile screen in mind.

Just do your research. The phone works perfectly with the Fly app.

Reactions: Torque
The thing to remember is that the Fold is an early adopting device. Even being the 4th iteration, its quite fragile. You need to really research how you plan to attach it to the controller. Personally, I used rubber bands on the RC N1 controller behind the pull out antenna and wrapped around the two upper corners of the Fold phone. cost me a penny. literally. lol

The issue with normal ($20+)adapters is pressure applied to the fragile Fold inner screen. Theyre not built with a fragile screen in mind.

Just do your research. The phone works perfectly with the Fly app.
Are you happy with your Fold 3? I have the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra which I've been very happy with, but dropped it yesterday, cracked the screen and I'm slowly losing pixels. So I need to replace this ASAP. Trying to decide between the s22 and Fold 4.
And really the only time I'll need a phone is to tether it to my FPV Goggles to be RID compliant - I won't be flying with the screen.

iPhone13 ProMax. Works great, the larger screen is also great. Previously was using Pixel 5. It worked fine, but the DJI app works better and looks slightly different on the iPhone, which I prefer.

I use Google Pixel 6, works great with DJI fly and Mavic Air 2, never had any issues with it!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki