DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What sd card to use in RC controller

I just stick with SanDisk Extreme cards (SanDisk Extreme Pro Micro SDXC UHS-I U3 A2 V30 Memory Card)

Meets video requirements for now and the near future.

Here is a good link if you want to know what all of those symbols and numbers mean:

Understanding micro D/SD card markings

Reactions: Rchawks
Sandisk Extreme, 64gb. Probably overkill, but I had a spare one.

191223DA-DD70-4567-873D-CB5F16C900C5.jpeg
What DJI recommends.

I went with the Sandusky High Endurance 128GB. Don’t plan on using the card in the Controller too often so I went with a slightly slower and less expensive card.

I've tried a couple of different cards but the app still shows only the internal 1.2Gb storage. Is there a trick to getting a card recognised?

Why do you need a card in the controller? I have a 64Gb card in it but always record to the one in the drone. Is this bad practice?

Why do you need a card in the controller? I have a 64Gb card in it but always record to the one in the drone. Is this bad practice?
Don’t think so, I also have a 64gb in RC but only as a spare in case I need it for the drone, I have before now gone out flying but forgetting to have a card in drone, age related forgetfulness, cheers Len

Reactions: EyesWideShut
I agree with the reasons @lensimages made and I almost always start up the "Screen Recorder" before I launch. It records the video files to my removeable 64g card. As the FPV video includes the on-screen overlay info and warnings and the orientation map etc., I get a lot of feedback when I play them back and there's often info and warnings that pop up that I didn't see during the actual flight. I think it's great for learning plus you have a video to re-examine if something went wrong. I keep a file of all my screen recordings.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique