DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What tablet are you using

Memor86

Reactions
I'm in the market for a tablet. I notice that some android models come without a compass and I wonder if you have noticed a disadvantage
I read somewhere that the aircraft orientation does not if the device does not have a compss

I'm not across Android tablets but had no major problems using a Samsung Galaxy S7 and after that the S9. Nowadays I'm using an iPad Pro (standard size) and couldn't be happier although I would choose the iPad Mini 5 if I didn't already own the Pro. The smaller size of the Mini means that you don't need a use a mounting bracket and it weighs less. Hope this helps.

I'm in the market for a tablet. I notice that some android models come without a compass and I wonder if you have noticed a disadvantage
I read somewhere that the aircraft orientation does not if the device does not have a compss
There are some lists on this topic. Read them. There are almost no Android tablets that work. Similarly you will need an Android 64 bit operating system.

I use an A-1566 iPad; 9.7" screen. Works perfectly. This iPad has way more batt life than the controller or 3 Mavic Pro drone batt's combined. Get a connecting cable with right angle head that goes into your controller; that way it can be shorter and more out of the way. I use a tablet Skyreat tablet holder- is excellent. Good luck!

Well dang... i went to a lot of stores trying to find a decent android tablet but i couldn't find any, i ended up buying a regular ipad (ipad mini turned out to be expensiver, for taking pics the bigger the better) and found a great deal on walmart. now just gotta wait until the tablet supoprt arrives

Well dang... i went to a lot of stores trying to find a decent android tablet but i couldn't find any, i ended up buying a regular ipad (ipad mini turned out to be expensiver, for taking pics the bigger the better) and found a great deal on walmart. now just gotta wait until the tablet supoprt arrives

You won't regret getting the iPad. It's generally a more stable platform for running DJI Go 4 than Android. Have fun!

I have been using a Note 8 with good results. Got a iPad 10.2, with holiday sales. My first IOS and it works great. Will dedicate it to my MA and MM. I have it mounted on a Mavmount attachment perched on a camera tripod, with long cable to controller. Sit, relax and fly. Works for me. Happy New Year.

There are some lists on this topic. Read them. There are almost no Android tablets that work. Similarly you will need an Android 64 bit operating system.
I don't think that's true.
As long as the tablet has:
Android 6.0 or above
Both hardware and Android OS 64bit
4GB RAM installed

Then you should be OK.

Many have managed with less than 4GB installed RAM, but had to download Fly from DJI and install that way. When you do that, then you'll also have to manually install subsequent app updates.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure