DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

what the best 107 class

The absolute best? I don't know that anyone has taken them all to compare.

You can find a list of free and paid FAA Part 107 study resources here.

Remote Pilot 101 and several online test question sites. Passed 1st go round fairly easily.

I bought the ASA test prep booklets off of amazon and studied that way. All the classes I looked into where way too expensive for me. These books are less than $40 and I was able to pass the test with an 86%. With a little time and studying these would help just fine. If that's what you would be in to.

What I like about the Remote Pilot 101 is for the price you will also get the reoccurring classes for your initial investment. My plan is to re-up every two years. Also, I get emails with updated information they feel their students need to be aware of.

Ive watched a lot of their videos which are very helpful. Some of it isn't covered in the mentioned books. If you're ok with paying it then by all means do it. From what ive seen and heard you can't go wrong with them. If I had the money myself I would've done it that way.

i passed the test with an 80% with two days of reading the FAA reference material. All the questions I missed were on charts (as I didn't study them) and 2 questions on fixed wing aircraft. Know how to read charts for example: How high can you fly to do an inspection at the lighted tower 4.3 miles SW of airport XX. I guessed wrong a few times.

Bought a study guide from Amazon and took every sample test I could find on line. Went over the charts several times.
Passed with 88.
that is what I should have done bought the Amazon book, then I would have understood the charts better. Like my daughter said, a pass is a pass.

watched youtube videos and worked the trial test for a week... passed 80% ...know charts and key numbers

just curious about this.... as a pilot I always want to learn the ins and outs of anything I do releated to flying... so I have a question... if I don't plan on using a drone for commercial purposes is it worth my time to get the 107 as a learning experience or would I be wasting my time.... I have the books and have read them... but not sure I want to take the tests as it seems you kinda cross the lines of personal pleasure vs having like you feel a greater responsibility.... does that even make sense.... anyway... thoughts on getting the license or just learning the sport at a different level... ??

someone told me i need 107 for my shoot. what the best 107 class? LAX area
I would highly recommend the Remote Pilot 101 online course, very thorough, up to date, great support. Can't say enough good about the course and instructor.

Reactions: Air Or
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661