DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What the best app for mission?

evenway

Reactions
Hi guys

I have many days searching on the Internet which application is the best mission for drone there is many application like Litchi and drone Link etc

I need your advice ?

Depending on what drone the mission is for really ? I can only speak of what I use, Mavic 2 Pro & software for missions, Litchi, I use the Litchi Mission Hub on PC to plan & fine tune the mission details, then Litchi on either Samsung S9 Android or Smart Controller to launch & fly the actual mission, works very well, I can recommend 100%

Reactions: RonW and Zonian
Depending on what drone the mission is for really ? I can only speak of what I use, Mavic 2 Pro & software for missions, Litchi, I use the Litchi Mission Hub on PC to plan & fine tune the mission details, then Litchi on either Samsung S9 Android or Smart Controller to launch & fly the actual mission, works very well, I can recommend 100%

^^^

Ditto

I will use it with Mavic air 2

I will use it with Mavic air 2
As far as I know, Litchi does not yet work with the Mavic Air 2 ... but they supposedly are working on it. DroneLink has a beta version that sort of works with the Air 2, but from what I understand it has a bug that requires reinstallation when it crashes. Maven DOES work with the Air 2 and I have used it with success, but it doesn't have some of the niceties of Litchi ... such as Litchi's separate web-based mission center and the ability to specify waypoint elevations in terms of height above ground instead of height above takeoff point.

Reactions: jake20934
As far as I know, Litchi does not yet work with the Mavic Air 2 ... but they supposedly are working on it. DroneLink has a beta version that sort of works with the Air 2, but from what I understand it has a bug that requires reinstallation when it crashes. Maven DOES work with the Air 2 and I have used it with success, but it doesn't have some of the niceties of Litchi ... such as Litchi's separate web-based mission center and the ability to specify waypoint elevations in terms of height above ground instead of height above takeoff point.
Thank you I will see later on ?

Hi guys

I have many days searching on the Internet which application is the best mission for drone there is many application like Litchi and drone Link etc

I need your advice ?
I have both Litchi and Dronelink but in a pinch I would say that Litchi is the better of the two.

I use QGroundControl. It is free, does not use cloud etc to store software but once a flight plan is created on the PC the plan is uploaded to the SD Card on the Drone. Does not yet work with Mavic Mini and I don't know about Mavic 2. Can create flight plans on the tablet but on a PC is easier.

Nifty

Is dronelink complete mission if lost signal? Like litchi do?

What happens if the drone loses connection?​

jim-square.png

Jim McAndrew
  • 6 months ago
  • Updated
Follow
DJI drones have a connection fail-safe setting that allows you to configure the behavior of the drone in the event that you lose connection. The options are hover in place, return to home, and automatically land. You can change this setting manually through the user interface in DJI GO/FLY, or automatically through a command component in your mission plan. The setting itself will survive switching apps and switching batteries.
It is worth noting that most other flight automation apps that use the DJI SDK upload missions to the drone for execution, and it is possible to allow the mission to continue even in the case of signal loss in these apps. The problem is that uploaded missions must use the onboard flight controller which is very limited in terms of the available feature set for autonomous missions. Many of the features available in the Dronelink mission planner can only be achieved by using a custom flight controller that performs all the calculations on your mobile device (learn more). This means that Dronelink missions can only continue while the remote controller is connected to the drone. We are considering adding the option to upload missions to the drone, but if we do implement this feature, enabling it will come with significant limitations in the mission planner, which will negate most of what makes Dronelink uniquely powerful.

Is dronelink complete mission if lost signal? Like litchi do?
Any apps that use "virtual sticks" (which is all of them for the Air 2) will not complete the mission if it loses controller signal. It depends on the RC connection to supply the commands for the mission.

I use QGroundControl. It is free, does not use cloud etc to store software but once a flight plan is created on the PC the plan is uploaded to the SD Card on the Drone. Does not yet work with Mavic Mini and I don't know about Mavic 2. Can create flight plans on the tablet but on a PC is easier.

Nifty
Isn’t this just for drones with an inbuilt waypoint capability (not using virtual sticks)?

Not really, depends on the mission and location.
Litchi will only do a few things DL can't. DL has many abilities Litchi doesn't. I use both but DL IS IMO more capable.

If Litchi meets the mission requirements fine, it is capable enough for that mission. For others not so much.

Reactions: Tufargon
Curious to know what Litchi does that Dronelink doesn't.
Off the top of my head here's a few.
I use Litchi with my mini for the 360 auto panoramas (22 shots) along with customized row/column panos. The app does a low res 360 auto stitch from cache while in the air and displays a scrollable sphere etc. Can also stitch medium and hi res if you transfer to your device.

Litchi also shoots AEB stills. Not sure if Dronelink handles individual AEB shots while flying.

For the mini, Litchi has Virtual Reality so you can use your phone in a cheap set off googles. Also has head tracking.

You can set up a customizable C1 button. You can turn on/off - the bottom sensors. also use speech for speed/battery/altitude etc.

You can stream your phone's video to a second device with LitchiVue.

You can accurately TRACK to follow or POI your device (via it's GPS) with the standard app, or to a second device for your subject with Litchi Magic Leash. Unfortunately Android only for Magic Leash. When I inquired why no iOS update, Litchi says there's no interest in tracking your subject just track your controller/device, so they are not rushing to update Magic Leash for iOS.
**Suggest those iOS Pilots that can see the value of not giving your Flight Controller and phone to your subject (so that they will be followed/tracked) rather than just giving your subject a second phone that will be Tracked, please email Litchi.
[email protected]

Some features are OS dependent.
Here's a link to a comprehensive guide. Litchi USER GUIDE
For all the details, make sure you click on all the tabs across the top of the guide, they show all the different features. The tabs sort of blend in and may not be noticed.

With the Mavic Mini I think there should be a lot of interest in the app and hope that if you use iOS and see the benefit of Litchi Magic Leash for following/tracking, please email Litchi.
[email protected]

Dronelink offers some of these features with the addition, probably more importantly, of waypoints for the Mini. I have Litchi but haven't tried it yet. I'll probably have more incentive to make a comparison when waypoints become available.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming