DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What to buy ahhh

Pacefast

Reactions
I am an ATPL ( biz jet Captain ) Keen on photography but new to drones So bought a cheap Quinux 8 to learn on and adding A2 c of C in Uk
Now in a dilemma whether to buy the little mini 3 pro ! Mavic 3 classic, Air 2 S or Phantom 4 pro ?
I know restrictions
Main use to try a commercial use especially regarding photograpy / film
Do not know whether to start with the light mini 3 pro or ??? Believe mini 3 pro not great in winds

Reactions: Gagey52
I am an ATPL ( biz jet Captain ) Keen on photography but new to drones So bought a cheap Quinux 8 to learn on and adding A2 c of C in Uk
Now in a dilemma whether to buy the little mini 3 pro ! Mavic 3 classic, Air 2 S or Phantom 4 pro ?
I know restrictions
Main use to try a commercial use especially regarding photograpy / film
Do not know whether to start with the light mini 3 pro or ??? Believe mini 3 pro not great in winds
If money is no issue [within reason] you should get the Mavic 3 classic.

The Quinox 249g has hit trees and worst landed over hedge into s stream with its lights still blinking underwater ! Dried out it still works albeit not Camera which has always been poor on that drone ! but hey it was to learn on and at £80 could be wrecked with no tears !
One point on the classic does it have zoom capability ? Also told there is an Air 3 coming ?

Greetings Pacefast, welcome to the forum from the outback of Australia. If your looking for a drone for commercial photography you should be considering the camera and what it can do for you. I don’t own a mini three but they are (the mini series) great aircraft to learn the systems, but if your going commercial look at the larger platforms.
Regards

Reactions: Mavikhan
Imo..A used A2S would be a great first DJI drone with no loss on resale. It’s both high quality and would get you used to the platform while allowing you to step up to a more camera specific model, if needed. More zoom features,etc. I love my original A2 model, does all I need.

Reactions: Mavikhan
For your first drone, pick a Mini 2 or 3 and after 60h of flight time or so change to a bigger one if you want, you'll learn much more.

If you can long range with a <250g then you can long range with anything. <250g are also slower, and fly better due to their lack of inertia, their little size allows for low alt flights without drawing too much undesired attention.

Whatever you do get Care Refresh so you won't be too timid and can really learn to fly (and have fun).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Among1423