DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What type of cable should I use?

RetiredInFL

Very Large Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I am preparing for the arrival of my Mavic Pro Platinum. Need to order a longer cable for iPad Mini to the controller. What type connector is on the CONTROLLER end? Standard USB? Micro USB? When I search for that on Amazon I get BOTH results. Lightening ---> ?????

Thanks!

what connector is your ipad mini, if its a usb c there should be a cable with the drone,

I only need to know what is on the controller end. I need a longer cable than stock. iPad Mini is lightning.

I am preparing for the arrival of my Mavic Pro Platinum. Need to order a longer cable for iPad Mini to the controller. What type connector is on the CONTROLLER end? Standard USB? Micro USB? When I search for that on Amazon I get BOTH results. Lightening ---> ?????

Thanks!
Here's what you need. I have an MPP with iPad mini, cable from the bottom usb.
This is a high quality cable, that's why it's so expensive. But it will last! Don't buy cheap stuff.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072127KCY/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_XRbzEbASMCPTG

Here's what you need. I have an MPP with iPad mini, cable from the bottom usb.
This is a high quality cable, that's why it's so expensive. But it will last! Don't buy cheap stuff.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072127KCY/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_XRbzEbASMCPTG
Thank you. I actually found that as well but was hoping for a rt angle connector. This is probably what I will get though. I was confused on whether it was USB or micro-usb that was needed but finally discovered there are 2 connectors on the controller. Any thoughts on using the side micro-usb cable instead of the bottom cable?

Thank you. I actually found that as well but was hoping for a rt angle connector. This is probably what I will get though. I was confused on whether it was USB or micro-usb that was needed but finally discovered there are 2 connectors on the controller. Any thoughts on using the side micro-usb cable instead of the bottom cable?
I found the bottom to be highly dependable. But to use it, you need to remove any cable from the left side port, at least that’s what I’ve heard. I assume you have an iPad mount. That’s how I’ve always done it.
2F0693D5-D60D-4767-869C-3C2BE8E5FE45.jpeg

I found the bottom to be highly dependable. But to use it, you need to remove any cable from the left side port, at least that’s what I’ve heard. I assume you have an iPad mount. That’s how I’ve always done it.

I have read that as well about the side cable. Will test it both ways. My MPP arrives Monday and I picked up an iPad Mini 4 wifi/cell off Facebook for $130 and will use that. From a bunch of vids on YouTube it looks like I can just "jam" it into the controller holder with no problem. Will try that first. Does the sunshade attach to the tablet or to the mount you are using?

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
I have read that as well about the side cable. Will test it both ways. My MPP arrives Monday and I picked up an iPad Mini 4 wifi/cell off Facebook for $130 and will use that. From a bunch of vids on YouTube it looks like I can just "jam" it into the controller holder with no problem. Will try that first. Does the sunshade attach to the tablet or to the mount you are using?

The bottom full size usb port is a more robust connector and it is the preferred connection point.
The side micro-A usb port is a rectangular shape prone to being damaged when you use a normal micro usb connector which does not fit snugly, best just keep it only for charging, instead of introducing extra wear to an already weak point.

That sun shade won't allow you to slip the Ipad Mini into the jaws of the RC as well as having the hood on.
I'd reckon the DJI hood would be better with the Ipad Mini in the jaws

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato