DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What version of DJI FLY do you guys use on the original Mavic Mini?

Just a HERO

Reactions
I've been skeptical ever since 1.1.10. As far as I remeber that app did everything for me without major issues. Ever since I got forced to upgrade (Flight Data Center not functional anymore on 1.1.10 since aprox 6 months ago). So ever since I got forced to upgrade I'm just lurking around finding the right version to fly with, but I encounter signal range issues with each I try and I don't have the luxury to just try every version every day until I find the right one.
So this begs the question: What version do you guys use on Mavic Mini and what issues have you encountered? Which version is the most stable for our drone and still functional?

Reactions: Gagey52
ever since I got forced to upgrade I'm just lurking around finding the right version to fly with, but I encounter signal range issues
The Mavic Mini can fly even when DJI Fly is not running. Since that's the case, what makes you think DJI Fly could possibly be causing those signal issues?

The Mavic Mini can fly even when DJI Fly is not running. Since that's the case, what makes you think DJI Fly could possibly be causing those signal issues?

I don't know. That's why I'm here.

If it is Android Fly you'e talking about, then I found v1.40 to be stable, v1.42, v1.44 useless, and now the latest version available from DJI website, v1.48 stable. (Don't be mislead by what the download link says, it downloads the latest v1.48 regardless.)
I have not encountered range differences between versions, the unstable ones simply crashes the app in mid flight, the working ones perform as expected.
Only reason I dare try the DJI 'updates' is because I have Litchi (beta) to fall back on, it has never let me down once.

What kind of range are you getting?.... The Mini's range is very limited when there is interference from other Wifi signals and when there are trees, hills and structures to block to signal. A good test would be to try to fly it in an area without too many of these disruptors.

I am sorry to talk with your money but you may have to upgrade to Mini 2, or Air 2 before you are happy with the range and signal. Moving to Occusync from the Wifi signal in the Mini is the only way I know of to change your range dramatically without expensive antennas.

So you are 100% convinced that the app cannot influence RF output of the controller by software instructions? I have my doubts, yet to be confirmed under controlled circumstances, but thus far my most stable/best range flights were achieved running Litchi.

I don't know. That's why I'm here.
What kind of signal range issues are you facing? Are you able to reproduce those same issues when you fly in different locations (ideally including one that is not near any possible interference)?

What version do you guys use on Mavic Mini and what issues have you encountered?
The latest (I always upgrade when a new version is available) and have yet to have a problem.

I've been skeptical ever since 1.1.10. As far as I remeber that app did everything for me without major issues. Ever since I got forced to upgrade (Flight Data Center not functional anymore on 1.1.10 since aprox 6 months ago). So ever since I got forced to upgrade I'm just lurking around finding the right version to fly with, but I encounter signal range issues with each I try and I don't have the luxury to just try every version every day until I find the right one.
So this begs the question: What version do you guys use on Mavic Mini and what issues have you encountered? Which version is the most stable for our drone and still functional?
I've had the same problem, signal loss and so on. I don't know why the app has anything to do with signal since you can fly without phone. But still the new versions somehow interfere with the connection. I use 1.1.5 since one year now and it works good. I've had contact to DJI and they didn't really know what the problem was but said that there's no problem flying with 1.1.5

Great info, but is the Flight Data Center still functional on 1.1.5?

PS. Also thanks Derek ZA for the insights. I had the change to test out with 1.4.0 one time and went smooth.

Great info, but is the Flight Data Center still functional on 1.1.5?

PS. Also thanks Derek ZA for the insights. I had the change to test out with 1.4.0 one time and went smooth.
Yes, it works for me. All my flights are logged with Date, Distance, Altidude, Duration and Aircraft.Screenshot_2021-08-08-11-15-40-814_dji.go.v5.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929