DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What video codec can I render video for YouTube in Vegas Pro 16 in 4k resolution

GorN_Rebel

Reactions
I tried different codecs, but the result is a twitchy video. Maybe someone has experience in this. I want to render it in 4k resolution

I tried different codecs, but the result is a twitchy video. Maybe someone has experience in this. I want to render it in 4k resolution
"Twitchy video" is usually because the computer's playback is too slow. YouTube re-encodes all videos anyway (and the result is such a low bitrate that I personally consider 4K on YouTube to be a pointless waste of bandwidth), but if you're talking about video from a Mini, why would you want to render the Mini's 2.7K video as 4K?

Whats so special about 4K? Maybe its me but for the life of me I cannot tell the difference (And neither can anyone else in my family) between 4K and 2.7. Waste of effort and resources if you ask me to render in 4K

Viewers just look at the finished result and are oblivious to what codecs are used and their appearance of different ones.

I use H264 1080 x 1920 and the results on a 52 inch television are spectacular.

I had to upgrade my video card on my computer to view the 4K video playback accurately. Perhaps computer speed is a bottle neck also.

As stated above, the video usually will play correctly on YouTube, but takes some processing time after upload to see 4K.

Reactions: GorN_Rebel
"Twitchy video" is usually because the computer's playback is too slow. YouTube re-encodes all videos anyway (and the result is such a low bitrate that I personally consider 4K on YouTube to be a pointless waste of bandwidth), but if you're talking about video from a Mini, why would you want to render the Mini's 2.7K video as 4K?
Yes you are right. This happen because of the VLC player which is not optimized and slows down when converting UHD resolution to FHD. Windows Media Player is even slower and everything twitches there, despite the fact that I have a normal laptop with i7-8565U. I launched a UHD movie with Movie and TV player and no twitching. Thanks for solving the problem.
4k video i need:
1. I shoot video from a phone with a resolution of 4k and Mini and then I do everything together. I will not reduce the video 4k to 2.5k.
2. 2.7k video will look better in 4k than in 2.5k

Whats so special about 4K? Maybe its me but for the life of me I cannot tell the difference (And neither can anyone else in my family) between 4K and 2.7. Waste of effort and resources if you ask me to render in 4K

Viewers just look at the finished result and are oblivious to what codecs are used and their appearance of different ones.

I use H264 1080 x 1920 and the results on a 52 inch television are spectacular.
Yes you are right. From a certain distance, you can’t immediately determine whether this is UHD or FHD video. But if you do not peer, but just put two TVs next to each other, then 4k will be noticeably nicer. And so the problem is solved, I wrote above. thanks

I had to upgrade my video card on my computer to view the 4K video playback accurately. Perhaps computer speed is a bottle neck also.

As stated above, the video usually will play correctly on YouTube, but takes some processing time after upload to see 4K.
This is due to non-optimized players. You are absolutely right. The problem is solved. Above wrote in detail. Thank you for the answer

Yes you are right. This happen because of the VLC player which is not optimized and slows down when converting UHD resolution to FHD. Windows Media Player is even slower and everything twitches there, despite the fact that I have a normal laptop with i7-8565U. I launched a UHD movie with Movie and TV player and no twitching. Thanks for solving the problem.
4k video i need:
1. I shoot video from a phone with a resolution of 4k and Mini and then I do everything together. I will not reduce the video 4k to 2.5k.
2. 2.7k video will look better in 4k than in 2.5k
Well, the answer to your original question is that YouTube prefers MP4 files with H.264 video. But as I said, they will re-encode it anyway, and I think you will be disappointed with how it looks on a 4K TV, compared to the original. (I won't know because I don't have a 4K TV, but for me and most people I think, the best part of 4K and 2.7K cameras is that they look great rendered at 1080p. :) )

Well, the answer to your original question is that YouTube prefers MP4 files with H.264 video. But as I said, they will re-encode it anyway, and I think you will be disappointed with how it looks on a 4K TV, compared to the original. (I won't know because I don't have a 4K TV, but for me and most people I think, the best part of 4K and 2.7K cameras is that they look great rendered at 1080p. :) )
Fortunately, you're wrong here. YouTube does not transcode the video downloaded in a format suitable for them. In what format, resolution, bitrate and the like is written in YouTube help

Fortunately, you're wrong here. YouTube does not transcode the video downloaded in a format suitable for them. In what format, resolution, bitrate and the like is written in YouTube help
I think you're misunderstanding the recommendations. On YouTube, under the Help section for "Video and audio formatting specifications, Video formatting guidelines", I read: "Note that YouTube always re-encodes videos to optimize their playback quality." That agrees with everything I've ever read about YouTube.

I think you're misunderstanding the recommendations. On YouTube, under the Help section for "Video and audio formatting specifications, Video formatting guidelines", I read: "Note that YouTube always re-encodes videos to optimize their playback quality." That agrees with everything I've ever read about YouTube.
Yes, there is such a line there. But we don’t know what is really going on there. There are recommendations and if you stick to them, the video does not change in quality. But those who upload a video without adhering to the recommendations, then those results turn out worse. Even if they uploaded a video of better quality than indicated in the recommendations. So I think that when following the recommendations, the video will not be re-encoded or re-encoded with minimal quality loss. I personally compared my YouTube videos to the original ones, and I don’t see the difference

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98