DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What website do you use to convert 360 photos for Facebook?

Macabre

Reactions
I use 360facebook.com which works perfectly, however it cuts down the quality and makes everything very blurry.

Do you guys have any tips?

Hangar

Well all I can say is I have done it a lot and only had 1 time
It didn’t connect back but was in site so before I just flew it back without the app I tried a few things. I found unplugging
The cable and reconnecting made the go app pop back on.
I guess you might always have a problem at anytime but
you just can’t panic. If it had been out of my site I would have just hit RTM.
Anytime you leave the ground there is a chance something
can happen.

If you take off in Hangar doing a 360 Be Sure there is nothing above you as it is going to shoot straight up.
But I figure ya know that already :)

I tried this and it makes a mess. Kuula | Share 360/VR photos and build virtual tours!

theXifer.net - Just a Web Based EXIF Editor for Local, Cloud, Flickr, Bootstrap

I change the Make and Model to Ricoh and Theta S.

I wish Facebook would automatically recognize DJI 360s.

This didn't work for me either. I injected "equirectangular" under ProjectionType but no help.

I stitched the image with DJI Media Maker, as stitching spherical image in Photoshop made an even larger mess. An example made by Photoshop: http://i68.tinypic.com/2ltsyth.jpg
I have spent hours in Photoshop trying to make it work. I'm far from even advanced user in Photoshop but I do have some knowledge. I have also spent a couple of hours looking at YouTube videos but they all start with perfectly rectangular pictures, something I can't get to work. My Photoshop messes it up.
Both Photoshop and DJI Media Maker do not stitch 2:1 ration images. They instead made something even larger. Facebook requires 2:1 ratio for 360 panorama images, so what does DJI Go in combination with 360facebook.com do differenty that make 360 on Facebook work?

I havent tried Hangar yet because I'm a bit afraid to try a 3rd party app to fly. I'm still not 100% used to even flying with DJI Go app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka