DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What would you do?

I personally feel that the Air 2S combo with the RC Pro is a great deal! I took advantage of it and now use the controller to fly my Mavic 3 as well. More upgrades to that controller are expected to support other aircraft in the future.
The air 2S is a suburb little drone and competes well with the M2 which I also own.

Reactions: PAW
Thanks.....so the mavic pro controller that they are selling with the Mavic Air 2s will work with the Mavic 3....incase I decide I want a Mavic 3?
That is correct. As long as it is the new RC Pro which is now shipping with the combo.
air2spro.jpg

Ordered my combo from DroneNerds. Shipped same day and had it a day later.
Very good customer service. Would highly recommend them as well.
I would buy it from B&H and make sure you get the RC Pro. Brand new full warranty. No contest!

Reactions: ackdrone and Slade
The A2S writes data faster to the SD card than the M2, 150mbps vs 100mbps. It automatically writes that data using H.265 codec when capturing at 4K@60FPS, which is something the M2 cannot do. M2 supports only 4K@30FPS. However, to edit H.265 you'll need Adobe Premier Pro ($20/mo), or Davinci Resolve 17 Studio ($300). I think all the other cheaper editors do not support H.265 yet, they only support H.264 codecs. So even though the A2S supports 4K@60, you need an adequate computer and video editor to take advantage of it. Of course the A2S does support H.264 codec at lesser resolution or FPS, like the M2. The A2S is smaller, which is nice for hiking or biking to your launch point, although my M2 and A2S do fit into the same size camera backpack quite nicely.
As for the M3, I wouldn't buy one until they fix the 5min GPS lock problem.

Exception: I'm told by others in this forum that the free version of Davinci Resolve 17 does support 4K@60 H.265 editing when used on a Mac. But on a PC I know the free version doesn't work with H.265 files today, regardless of graphic card used.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User