DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's going to happen to all the used M2PS

It's not like you can't use them. The distances in relation to people just change so that there can be no uninvolved people present within the area of flight; and there can be no flight within 150m horizontally of residential, commercial, industrial, or recreational areas.

That said. I was going to buy a Zoom this year, but I'll be waiting now until DJi release something that complies with the new rules.

Reactions: dtp
It's not like you can't use them. The distances in relation to people just change so that there can be no uninvolved people present within the area of flight; and there can be no flight within 150m horizontally of residential, commercial, industrial, or recreational areas.

That said. I was going to buy a Zoom this year, but I'll be waiting now until DJi release something that complies with the new rules.
I don’t know what rule changes are forthcoming there. Will newer aircraft be allowed to fly closer than the mentioned 150m? If so, what technology will be added to allow such? If you have to be 150m from any residence, at least you won’t have to worry about ‘Store to door’ delivery drones! ;)

I don’t know what rule changes are forthcoming there. Will newer aircraft be allowed to fly closer than the mentioned 150m? If so, what technology will be added to allow such? If you have to be 150m from any residence, at least you won’t have to worry about ‘Store to door’ delivery drones! ;)
Best to just watch this:

Reactions: Gorm

Yes, I think the 150m is quite restrictive for commercial work ☹️

So the video explains how with competency testing you can fly to tighter standards, but the earlier posts make it sound like newer aircraft will have hardware that will allow flight over or closer to residential, commercial, and recreational areas. If that is the case, what will the change be?

So the video explains how with competency testing you can fly to tighter standards, but the earlier posts make it sound like newer aircraft will have hardware that will allow flight over or closer to residential, commercial, and recreational areas. If that is the case, what will the change be?
I believe they have to be certified by the manufacturer as meeting the new standards...and also including nearby aircraft warning system ADS-B

I’m gonna keep flying my Mavics....
I’m not into commercial photography, nor do I fly in congested areas. My property is mine. 100ft above tallest structure is my airspace.
This conversation relates to the UK and Europe.

Reactions: OndaEyes

C2 class aircraft need to have less than a 4 kg MTOM, be ‘safely made’ as determined by EU manufacturer standards, it needs noise limitations, a remote ID and a form of geo awareness.

It also needs a low-speed mode which limits the maximum speed of the aircraft to 3 m/s (approx 6.7 mph). This has to be able to be activated by a switch on the remote. The equipment must be marked by the manufacturer saying it complies with the regulation.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Thanks @Lastrexking for explaining. I appreciate your patience. @Hiwayman is from the UK just so you know. I wish all members would at least list their proper location by country.

No worries :)

It was @Jack Ray I was pointing out this refers to the UK to. He's in the US according to his profile :)

Reactions: DoomMeister
Happy to add location...just couldn't see where in profile?? Apologies for any confusion ?
I wasn’t singling you out, there are many on the forum that don’t give a location or give a false location. In most cases it really helps to know where someone is located. Glad you found the setting in your profile. Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS