DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's in your toolbag

TallGear

Reactions
Since I'm still pretty new to droning, I thought I'd ask you all to proudly display your toolbag and tools. So please put pictures below.

Batteries
Landing Gear
Landing Pad
Cable
Sun Hood
Ipad Mini 4
Polar Pro Cinema Series ND Filters
Extra SD Cards
Car Charger
Cases for Controller and Mavic.

I use a Columbia Sportswear Bridgeline Back Pack.
1683781_438_f.jpg

Last edited:
Not a tool bag...but here's my tool box ;)Thumbswayup
10dcbe_2663994.jpg

toolbox-png.82254

Last edited:
Wind Gauge Proster Anemometer Portable Wind Speed Meter Gauge Air Volume Measuring Meter with Backlight for Weather Data Collection and Outdoors Sports Windsurfing Kite Flying Sailing Amazon.com: Proster Anemometer Portable Wind Speed Meter Gauge Air Volume Measuring Meter with Backlight for Weather Data Collection and Outdoors Sports Windsurfing Kite Flying Sailing: Industrial & Scientific
I bought one, not that one but mine wouldn't even read a stiff breeze. i'll have to pick another one up some time.

d91722197058c36d7e38350dafd417c1.jpg

Took this when cleaning after a trip, I think I missed the kitchen sink! Probably one of the most important add-ons would be my power source chargers, when the controller runs down in the middle of a flt I can plug into the micro port and keep going.

Reactions: TallGear
But that won't tell you what the wind speed is like 100 ft -400 ft up. So what's the point?

But that won't tell you what the wind speed is like 100 ft -400 ft up. So what's the point?
Well, it can tell you the ground speed, if its too high on the ground then you should understand its too high at altitude and you can decide if its to high to fly that day.

Let's look at it another way. If it's calm on the ground it does not mean its calm up higher. The best way to Guage is to look at your drone in the air and look also at the rpm on your rc control. If it rises and falls it's likely attempting to compensate for wind. Also when flying around objects or bluffs winds can be redirected. I like your kit but better to look at trees if there are any, birds if they are heat soaring off a Ridge for example or just lick the old finger for low flight. In theory if it feels too windy one may choose to not fly and save the $ for a GPS locator. Lol

Happy flight

Who do you think you are, Red Green?

The Mavic will tell you when the wind is too strong. You don't need a animoneter.

I like the FMC bag. It fits everything I need for an hour of flying.
FMCBag.JPGFMCBagOpen.JPG FMCBagContents.JPG

Reactions: stuckinbis
Ditto on just using the Fly More bag. I like the Mavic because it’s portable.

I have my controller, MP, four batteries, extra props. Did have a range extender but I think those are bunk.

I have added a Firehouse strobe attached to one of my leg extenders to my tool bag. This sure makes it easier to spot my drone at a distance and a simple 360 yaw tells me which way it is facing without even looking at the screen.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato