DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Whats inside a MA "Dummy set" ?

BenAir

Reactions
Hi all
MA dummy sets are for sale. Externally they look like a complete drone, legs and all.
Is a Dummy Set a good source of parts?
Is it
A. a plastic shell only zero internals.
Or possibly
B, its a source of at least 4 legs and motors. Because a motor and leg is manufactured as a one piece component?

And another question, are these dummy shells A, store display items?
B, what repair shops used for quick repair of typical crash problems. The repair shop swaps over the expensive customer drone parts like the computer and sensor boards to the dummy shell to create a looks like new replacement.
I suspect B because sellers have got 10 or more in stock
Thanks in advance,

I have used dummy Phantom 3 controllers to reshell P3 controllers with damaged shells. I also have a couple of dummy P3 drones for similar purposes but haven't yet got around to reshelling a phantom. The motors look real but I haven't tested one. Some of the components in the controllers were complete and functional others were blanks and or had wiring cut off. What I did notice was that in an early Mavic controller, I forget the model, the USB side connection board looked complete and my be a useful spare.
With regards to drone shells, if no one pipes up to say they are completely useless then, if they are not expensive, I would give it a go.

I have pieced out a Mavic Pro "Dummy" shell. The legs and motors are intact but the wires for motors are clipped right at the connection to the motors. The plastic shells are good fro use after a crash cracks the original one. One the Mavic Pro the underside sensor plate (aluminum) can be swapped out after a crash also. If wanted, the parts can be sold for $50 to $65. I paid 20 for the dummy shell. And yes these were displays in places like Best Buy and others.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest