DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's the best way to take care of my Mini over the winter?

judell

Reactions
I live in Canada and while I love my Mini, I don't like or want to fly it in the clod.
It probably wont come out of hibernation until the spring. Is there anything I should or shouldnt do with it for the next 4 months?
As always, this is a great forum with fantastic advice.
Thanks for your tips

Reactions: Mavic Mini
The manual recommends keeping battery levels between 39%-75% if storing for more than 10 days and fully charging at least once every 3 months.
If you have the Fly More Combo you could take it out halfway through the winter, charge the batteries to 100% and then bring them down below 75% by charging your phone from the hub.

Reactions: joeMM
I live in Canada and while I love my Mini, I don't like or want to fly it in the clod.
It probably wont come out of hibernation until the spring. Is there anything I should or shouldnt do with it for the next 4 months?
As always, this is a great forum with fantastic advice.
Thanks for your tips

Really not much you need to do.....don’t overthink it.... I can assure you that drone has been sitting in storage a lot longer than any Canadian winter [emoji300]️

The manual recommends keeping battery levels between 39%-75% if storing for more than 10 days and fully charging at least once every 3 months.
If you have the Fly More Combo you could take it out halfway through the winter, charge the batteries to 100% and then bring them down below 75% by charging your phone from the hub.
great idea
Thank you

Don't forget to do the same with the controller battery. Easy way to discharge it without flying is to hook up an android device and let it trickle charge off the controller.

Enjoy flying over the winter. I won’t fly at -40 but often have at -10. Keep battery warm and let drone warm up a bit before putting her up.

Reactions: hiflyer201
I'm thinking you should send it to me, its pretty warm here all winter. I could watch over it and give it some exercise and have it all ready to return to you in the spring with some nice pics of the warmer weather in the south for you to enjoy! :D

Sit in your nice warm car and fly it. Don’t try to get the last bit out of the batteries though. Flight time will be shorter.

Reactions: hiflyer201
Dress in layers...you'll be fine..but then what do I know..I live in California :)
In all seriousness..I bet you could get some beautiful video!

I'm thinking you should send it to me, its pretty warm here all winter. I could watch over it and give it some exercise and have it all ready to return to you in the spring with some nice pics of the warmer weather in the south for you to enjoy! :D
Thanks for the offer. Your generosity is only exceeded by your good looks.??

• Haha
Reactions: A.O.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190