DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Whats the highest you took a picture from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty ballsy if some of you are flying up well into commercial aircraft territory to get a picture! Where are you flying that allows altitudes over 400-500ft?

Highest I have flown is around 200-300ft, I don't think I've ever needed more.

I guess the only way I would take my drone to 1800' would be to start off in an underground hole 1800' deep. I would still be at 1800' AHOL (Above hole level) but zero feet AGL. lol
Actually, that wouldn't be right. You would still be 1800AGL, as the ground below the drone would be the hole. You could fly up out of the hole to 1801' and move laterally till not over the hole and you would be 1' AGL. Unfortunately you would then probably be beyond VLOS. You dug your hole for nothing. And now you have a really big pile of dirt to deal with. Take my advice and don't bother with the hole. But it was a nice thought.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I hand launched at 4100m and gained another 300m buzzing around the volcano. I was freezing and the wind was increasing...didn't want to lose the bird after climbing for six hours to get there. The MA flew very well, albeit more slowly for lack of atmospheric density.

This was after many attempts to clear the continual compass reset request, the volcanic rock exerting an uber magnetic field.

had been higher than that (about 3500m) but no proof for those about 4000m... where might it been? and yes, I am mental, ask my wife she will confirm...

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2019-01-20-01h49m25s615.png
    vlcsnap-2019-01-20-01h49m25s615.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Did you get permission from a FAA controller to bust the 400 AGL limit?
If you DID NOT, you were flying in manned aircraft space & could have caused a terrible accident.
You broke the law.
Doing this gives the opponents of drone flying ammunition to impose stricter limits on all of us drone pilots.

When flying with the Mavic Pro at about 4000m something passed nearby. I was terrified because at first I thaught it is another plane or even a drone. But then I saw it was true what was said here before THEY ARE HERE!....
but see yourself:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member