DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's with the "moisture/wet" issue and the "smudge" on front screen issue?

ff22

Reactions
I've only recently seen these issues mentioned. Are they happening a lot? When I walked and hiked with the camera last week, the screen timed out and I really was not looking for anything in particular. I also really did not look at the camera until I got home and then downloaded the files. The files seemed fine.

What's the story?

Last edited:
I've only recently seen these issues mentioned. Are they happening a lot? When I walked and hiked with the camera last week, the screen timed out and I really was not looking for anything in particular. I also really did not look at the camera until I got home and then downloaded the files. The files seemed fine.

What's the story?
Had no issues myself, but I have seen a few youtube vids stating the issue. They've obviously never took a warm camera out of a bag into cold air before, my nikons and canons both do the same thing, its fine after a short while as temperatures adjust.

Reactions: ff22
Had no issues myself, but I have seen a few youtube vids stating the issue. They've obviously never took a warm camera out of a bag into cold air before, my nikons and canons both do the same thing, its fine after a short while as temperatures adjust.
The "smudge" seems a bit different than condensation. Seems internal to the screen surface. But it appears to be temporary. Guess we will watch for reports...

Two types of condensation are possible.

1. Warm camera + cold environment = internal lens surface condensation. Not a good thing as it indicates trapped moisture inside the camera system.

2. Cold camera + warm environment = external condensation. Will clear as camera equalizes to ambient temperature. Wipe external lens surface with dry lens cloth or lens tissue.

Bottom line: You do NOT want moisture trapped inside your fixed lens camera system! Requires remedial attention.

The "smudge" seems a bit different than condensation. Seems internal to the screen surface. But it appears to be temporary. Guess we will watch for reports...
Not seen a smudge issue dude, you have a link??

Two types of condensation are possible.

1. Warm camera + cold environment = internal lens surface condensation. Not a good thing as it indicates trapped moisture inside the camera system.

2. Cold camera + warm environment = external condensation. Will clear as camera equalizes to ambient temperature. Wipe external lens surface with dry lens cloth or lens tissue.

Bottom line: You do NOT want moisture trapped inside your fixed lens camera system! Requires remedial attention.

See the video I linked. It is actually not in the lens although I think there are also reports about that. It appears to be in between screen layers. It cannot be wiped off but fades with time. Maybe the screen was not assembled in a clean/dry room?

See the video I linked. It is actually not in the lens although I think there are also reports about that. It appears to be in between screen layers. It cannot be wiped off but fades with time. Maybe the screen was not assembled in a clean/dry room?
Definitely case #1 with moisture trapped behind LCD screen window. Same process.

Try storing with desiccant pouch in battery compartment for a day or two.

Last edited:
Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom