DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's you greatest negative height?

Yorkshire_Pud

Reactions
The Cliffs of Moher & "Flying lower than the launch height -Possible?" got me wondering.

I think mine is somewhat over 300ft.

Just yesterday I flew ~-500 down into the Tallula Gorge in North GA! It would be nice to have a feature advising the height above the surface below as it is difficult to judge from such a perspective. When I fly from the deck of my Lakehouse to the dock some 35-40 feet below the deck elevation I sometimes get a notice that I am 9 or 10 feet above the surface of the water. This comes from the OA sensors, I am sure.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
It would be nice to have a feature advising the height above the surface below as it is difficult to judge from such a perspective.
There is no sensor available that can measure this for you (unless you get very close to the bottom.
When I fly from the deck of my Lakehouse to the dock some 35-40 feet below the deck elevation I sometimes get a notice that I am 9 or 10 feet above the surface of the water. This comes from the OA sensors, I am sure.
That comes from the VPS sensors (not OA).
They have a limited range and the max height they are able to measure is 60 feet.

There is no sensor available that can measure this for you (unless you get very close to the bottom.

That comes from the VPS sensors (not OA).
They have a limited range and the max height they are able to measure is 60 feet.
Meta4, Thanks for your comments and information on the VPS sensors. The red notice of being withing 10 0r 9 feet was noticed on the RC screen along with the red arc indicating close proximity to a potential obstacle, thus my GUESS as to the origen.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy