DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When does the Mavic Mini 2 go on sale? I had thought it was today, 11/4

TomSull

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi. I had heard that the Mavic Mini 2 would go on sale today, and having endured the US election, I felt that I definitely deserved to have a Mavic Mini 2 to focus on something fun for a change! So, I was at Best Buy at 10AM this AM, had the Mavic Mini 2 at the checkout counter, but got the dreaded "Its not yet in the system" error from the nice salesperson. She called, checked, CONFIRMED that it was to be released today (so she told me), but said there was a glitch in the system and they were waiting for it to be fixed; I've not yet had a call back to say it's fixed.

SO, I've been checking the Best Buy website for updates, but so far, they only have the older model. Same for the DJI app and site, so it appears that there's been a delay in the release. Is there an update on the release date (time?)?

Thanks!

Congrats. Agreed, this election may never be over :[
According to the person at Best Buy just now, it'll go on sale at 7PM tonight (she told me to come in at 7, and they know I was in earlier and have one pulled aside)! So I'll be there, hope I don't end up waiting until 8.

So, 7PM everyone! However, if they delay the sale until tomorrow AM, I'll let every one know as soon as I find out.

Last edited:
I wonder who will have the honour of 'reporting' the first mishap???????????????

• Haha
Reactions: Thomas B
I just returned from Best Buy Gulfgate and they couldn't even find it in the system.
Guess I'll try some other locations.
Thanks
X/BillyD..

I ordered from DJI Website about 30 mins ago. Get it from EmpireDrones and will be quicker. I do not know they were approved vendors here. Too late for me.

Reactions: twobob
Hi. I had heard that the Mavic Mini 2 would go on sale today, and having endured the US election, I felt that I definitely deserved to have a Mavic Mini 2 to focus on something fun for a change! So, I was at Best Buy at 10AM this AM, had the Mavic Mini 2 at the checkout counter, but got the dreaded "Its not yet in the system" error from the nice salesperson. She called, checked, CONFIRMED that it was to be released today (so she told me), but said there was a glitch in the system and they were waiting for it to be fixed; I've not yet had a call back to say it's fixed.

SO, I've been checking the Best Buy website for updates, but so far, they only have the older model. Same for the DJI app and site, so it appears that there's been a delay in the release. Is there an update on the release date (time?)?

Thanks!
I had to wait until a little after 8PM (Best Buy's headquarters are in Minneapolis, so we collectively guessed it was a central time recommendation I received). I DID get there at 7PM as instructed but it wasn't until about 5 or 10 after 8PM that the SKU started working there. I checked out cool gadgets and TVs for an hour.

Best Buy folks were great, they seemed eager to help me carry the Mavic Mini 2 home; they stayed there after 8!....and I was successful. I'll give it it's first flight tomorrow!

Attachments

• 20201104_205858.jpg
    20201104_205858.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • 20201104_211327.jpg
    20201104_211327.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
Best Buy or Amazon? I'm Amazon Prime all the way...love watching for that truck.

The Mini 2 would NOT activate last evening, looks like DJI put a date limit so that it wouldn't work before today. It didn't even work up to 12:10AM EST but I wasn't going to wait up to see when it kicked in.

This morning, it Activated just fine, so I did a quick test flight. Here's a photo I did with the Mavic Mini 2 vs the same photo a little later with my Mavic 2 Pro (the Pro is getting sent back today due to some crash damage, the gimbal tilts randomly at times, so this is the last flight with this particular bird (I assume they'll replace it since I have DJI Care).

The first photo is the Mavic Mini 2, the 2nd is the Mavic 2 Pro but the Pro is an explicit Pro 2 HDR photo. Image looks very good. I did play with the Mini 2 image a bit as its a bit underexposed (lots of UV today may have blown out the exposure a bit) but I can get it pretty close the the Mavic 2 Pro image, though the Pro image is still a bit better, as expected.

The camera tilt is apparent in the 2nd Mavic 2 Pro image :-(.

Attachments

• DJI_0030.JPG
    DJI_0030.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 19
  • DJI_0822.JPG
    DJI_0822.JPG
    7.4 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Reactions: netsonic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads