DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When will we see the iOS equivalent of Android Fly app ver 1.1.5?

Updated but havn’t tried it yet .

I'm a mobile software engineer and I know how difficult it can be working with Apple to submit apps to iOS. Once a build is submitted it can takes days for it to be reviewed and anything can get the app rejected. Does the app include a deprecated API? Rejected. Forgot to add some metadata to the listing? Rejected. Missing an icon size? Rejected. Then you have to resubmit and start the whole process over again.

I'm speculating, from DJI's perspective, that they want both iOS and Android builds to have feature parity. They don't want to hold up the release at all. It creates confusion and more work. Think about how many support calls/chats they have had to answer regarding the app version. You can quantify every support case to actual $$. I will say, that if all they need to do is just communicate the status well then they could really curb all this concern.

One other thing... I registered as a DJI developer and checked out their mobile SDKs. I was able to build a bare bones "fly" app with basically no work; they supply everything, including the UI components. If you're technical savvy in the mobile space, build your own app. Easier said than done... ?

Reactions: pelagic_one
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada