DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When will we see the iOS equivalent of Android Fly app ver 1.1.5?

InvisibleName

Reactions
I’ve started a thread in the official DJI forum to see if I can leverage a response from them on when we Are going to see the iOS equivalent of the Android 1.1.5 Fly app. We have the New FW in the MA2, but we can’t use the new functions.... very frustrating!

feel free to add your pennies worth:

Question in official DJI Forum

They're too busy oogling over the new iOS14 keynote at wwdc ;)
Of course they're partial to iOS. Because if you're developing an app for iOS, as a developer it's much easier to target iphone hardware that "just works" versus a trillion android devices that need to be tested. Look at their device list compatible with the MA2. If I were a developer I'd be pissed about having to get my app working on that many androids versus a few iphones.

They're too busy oogling over the new iOS14 keynote at wwdc ;)
Of course they're partial to iOS. Because if you're developing an app for iOS, as a developer it's much easier to target iphone hardware that "just works" versus a trillion android devices that need to be tested. Look at their device list compatible with the MA2. If I were a developer I'd be pissed about having to get my app working on that many androids versus a few iphones.
And I guess that’s sort of my point. How come the Android version that is compatible with the drone‘s new FW has been released, but iOS hasn‘t? By virtue of the fact that they initially released ver 1.1.4 (and reference that in their FW release notes), but quickly replaced that with 1.1.5, makes me think that they had an issue and now need to update the iOS version.

And I guess that’s sort of my point. How come the Android version that is compatible with the drone‘s new FW has been released, but iOS hasn‘t? By virtue of the fact that they initially released ver 1.1.4 (and reference that in their FW release notes), but quickly replaced that with 1.1.5, makes me think that they had an issue and now need to update the iOS version.
We're only guessing at this point, but if they have a group of devs who are split between developing for iOS and Android, we can only imagine that their project manager whether it be for each team or for both teams is the one in charge of helping keep things on track, and the boss is the one signing off for the release of each version for each platform to app stores.
We don't know what they're working on for iOS or Android.. who knows, maybe the iOS version will have a few more tricks up it's sleeve when it's released and then the Android version will be playing catch up.
Ideally in a perfect world they'd be releasing for both platforms within a couple days of each other, or on the same day, but that's not how things work in the real world with developers. But if I had my pick on which team I'd want to be working for, I'd choose the iOS platform.

Reactions: rehkram
to be clear IOS Ver. 1.1.3 is the "latest" for IOS users? Sorry, I'm new and the announcement made no
mention of "Android update only". I went to the Apple store and they list 1.1.3 as the latest available.
DJi is an interesting company to say the least, as I see from so many comments on lack of reply.

to be clear IOS Ver. 1.1.3 is the "latest" for IOS users? Sorry, I'm new and the announcement made no
mention of "Android update only". I went to the Apple store and they list 1.1.3 as the latest available.
DJi is an interesting company to say the least, as I see from so many comments on lack of reply.
The release notes for the new MA2 FW specifically reference DJI Fly iOS ver 1.1.4 but, as you see, the only current version is 1.1.3.

This means that most of the enhancements listed in those release notes are not currently available to iOS users.

It is typical for DJI to come out with a new drone, then trim the functions back a tad. After a short period of time they then start adding functions. Good things are coming. Patience required.

Reactions: JezzerAir2
It is typical for DJI to come out with a new drone, then trim the functions back a tad. After a short period of time they then start adding functions. Good things are coming. Patience required.
But the point of my post is the new enhancements are already in the MA2’s FW and accessible to Android users. They also say that the latest FW requires iOS 1.1.4...... which is obviously not available!

Last edited:
But the point of my post is the ne enhancements are already in the MA2’s FW and accessible to Android users. They also say that the latest FW requires iOS 1.1.4...... which is obviously not available!
If you have ever created an ios or android app and had to submit it for review you will know there are 1000s of other apps in the same queues.

Over the years sometimes android version is before ios, other times its the other way around.

If you have ever created an ios or android app and had to submit it for review you will know there are 1000s of other apps in the same queues.

Over the years sometimes android version is before ios, other times its the other way around.
So maybe DJI should have held back the FW release, which IS in their control, until both versions of the app were released.

Was released today.
0c87db79ec33d412e98f705f53c7c031.jpg

Reactions: dawgpilot
New Fly app update this morning. Good things are coming. Sometimes DJI’s corporate way of doing things doesn’t lend itself well to our microwave popcorn NOW culture. Happy flying.

Reactions: OldBlueHeron
New Fly app update this morning. Good things are coming. Sometimes DJI’s corporate way of doing things doesn’t lend itself well to our microwave popcorn NOW culture. Happy flying.
Thank You ! It's not really about the "NOW" culture, just about DJI telling us what's happening, so we don't have to go searching. IE: "android update today" instead of "Fly App updated today".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bowyerv