DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

waypoint creation issue

Gadget61

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi All,
i've watched several YT clips regarding waypoint creation on the RC Controlller with the Mini4 not powered on however i get a message popup saying Aircraft Not In Flight. Unable to create waypoint. This happens regardless of whether or not the drone is powered on. Running latest firmware update. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or lost the functionality with latest firmware.

Cheers Graeme

I believe they can be created on a PC and uploaded to the RC controller. Or while you are flying. I know it can be dangerous creating a waypoint if you haven't scouted the area. Looks great on map, but what if someone puts an obstacle that the map doesn't show. Plus power lines, or tower cables, etc.

Did you buy the drone new?....or from someone else?....If new, I would contact DJI. If from someone else, go into the waypoints flight library and remove any existing flights that may be stored...not very scientific, but a starting point . ...Then try all over by tapping the squiggly line...are you using the button under the controller to add the waypoints?

The answer to this is simple (and incredibly bone-headed, DJI): You have to power up and create your first WP mission in flight.

After that, the little WP button on the display will be visible on the LH of the display, and you can make WP missions offline without the drone powered up.

You don't even have to fly that first mission, just create it. Launch in your backyard, go up 50ft, set a WP, go 30 ft some direction, set another WP, come home and land. Now you have full offline WP functionality.

I believe they can be created on a PC and uploaded to the RC controller. Or while you are flying. I know it can be dangerous creating a waypoint if you haven't scouted the area. Looks great on map, but what if someone puts an obstacle that the map doesn't show. Plus power lines, or tower cables, etc.

I'm not aware of any tool on the PC for creating DJI Fly waypoint missions. Please share!

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Hi All,
i've watched several YT clips regarding waypoint creation on the RC Controlller with the Mini4 not powered on however i get a message popup saying Aircraft Not In Flight. Unable to create waypoint. This happens regardless of whether or not the drone is powered on. Running latest firmware update. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or lost the functionality with latest firmware.

Cheers Graeme
I figured it out. If drone is not airborne, you can only plan your mission by tapping the map with your finger (makes sense when you think about it) Once airborne you can use the C1 button or tap the + button to create/add waypoints.
Cheers Graeme

Reactions: tribar
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh