DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I Made a Free Tool To Do Automated 3d Mapping and Photogrammetry On The Mavic 3/Air 3/Mini 4 Pro Without SDK

jaystechvault

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
youtube.com
Hey all,
I'm a college student and I love my Mavic 3 but I can't do any automated mapping on it. So I made a free tool that uses the Waypoints feature to automate the picture capture process. Its a full web waypoint editor. When you are done you just import the final file back into the DJI fly app.

Tutorial Video:

Last edited:
WELCOME to the forum Jay.

I sent you an email over the weekend asking about a TUTORIAL on your process. Any chance you can look into that and give me a reply?

Reactions: Spartan Drones
WELCOME to the forum Jay.

I sent you an email over the weekend asking about a TUTORIAL on your process. Any chance you can look into that and give me a reply?
Do you have Discord by chance? I can call you and walk you through it. Its on my to do list to make a video tutorial but understanding the choke points would be of great help.

Reactions: BigAl07
I registered and played a bit with the free version, but first thing I noticed was the heading of the camera. I filled in a certain degrees north but I can't actually see on the map what direction the camera is pointing at.

Do you have Discord by chance? I can call you and walk you through it. Its on my to do list to make a video tutorial but understanding the choke points would be of great help.

I set up an account when I was going through the process but that's as far as I took it. I'd love to see your "How To" video once you get it done. :)

Hey all,
I'm a college student and I love my Mavic 3 but I can't do any automated mapping on it. So I made a free tool that uses the Waypoints feature to automate the picture capture process. Its a full web waypoint editor. When you are done you just import the final file back into the DJI fly app.

Hi Jay- i’m curious are you a CS or geography or combined major? What programming language did you use for online waypoint map? I don’t own a M3, but I teach computer science for middle school and used to use GIS a lot in my previous career- your project looks pretty interesting and I’d like to use you and the program for a career example! Thanks!

Hi Jay- i’m curious are you a CS or geography or combined major? What programming language did you use for online waypoint map? I don’t own a M3, but I teach computer science for middle school and used to use GIS a lot in my previous career- your project looks pretty interesting and I’d like to use you and the program for a career example! Thanks!

I'm weird, I'm neither. I'm electrical engineering, my masters is in advanced silicon verification. I had another software project my freshman year of college (a Discord bot) that got up to 5.7M users, I felt that I didn't need to get a degree in CS after doing that for a year.

Funny enough silicon verification is just programming (SystemVerilog), so I really played myself.

WaypointMap is in 5 or so different languages. Python, JS, .NET, HTML/CSS, and a tad of scripting for Linux hosting.

However this was actually a pet project for my major project: a universal drone RTK module. Which is a lot of hardware, and a lot more software.

And to top that all off, YouTube is a semi-serious gig for me.

Very nice "project".....I've used other mapping software for route planning (Litchi and DroneLink), but yours seems very intuitive for the ability to create the files for direct downloading into the drone. I agree with other user that it's not intuitive (yet) as to the camera heading. As I draw a simple box, shouldn't the s/w adjust the camera angle to be headed by defaut the same direction that the drone is flying?

I think the first thing that would help me get started would be a "Work Flow" list for all programs etc needed to accomplish Mapping :)

Reactions: Debaser_AZ
I think the first thing that would help me get started would be a "Work Flow" list for all programs etc needed to accomplish Mapping :)
I just updated the original post with the new tutorial video.

• Love
Did I hear you say that you get unlimited access to the premium version by paying one month fee and than cancel the subscription?

Did I hear you say that you get unlimited access to the premium version by paying one month fee and than cancel the subscription?

You can subscribe, and cancel right away while having access for the month. Just using the months that you need. The cancel button is straightforward and easy to access.

Hate sites that make it a pain in the bum.

Last edited:
  • Love
Hey all,

Tutorial Video:
Came across this and just wanted to say that I'm sooo excited! Have registered on your site and will get my teeth into it all, but this is something that I've been thinking/toying with in my mind, and even without looking for it I came across it. So "expect me" :)
Hey all,

Tutorial Video:
Wow! Haven't had a chance to look into it fully or test it out, but a quick look made me super-interested and have registered on your site. Expect me! :)

Hey all,

Tutorial Video:
what is the diffrence between your tool that you created from using the normal waypoint on dji fly app?

I
what is the diffrence between your tool that you created from using the normal waypoint on dji fly app?
I could never learn how to use it from the tutorial...it is just too fast and all over the screen for me to follow it...but one feature it has which would be valuable for mapping is being able to choose a pattern over an area in which the way points fill themselves in a logical manner, eliminating the need to manually enter each one....and his map looks much better than DJI's...if he can re do the tutorial and slow down so people can follow it, I think it will be very successful

Last edited:
I

I could never learn how to use it from the tutorial...it is just too fast and all over the screen for me to follow it...but one feature it has which would be valuable for mapping is being able to choose a pattern over an area in which the way points fill themselves in a logical manner, eliminating the need to manually enter each one....and his map looks much better than DJI's...if he can re do the tutorial and slow down so people can follow it, I think it will be very successful
Mark, as a continuation of your other thread AND this one, have you looked at this Tutorial he has now created for this process?

The title says tutorial, but it is more like a quick demonstration, and I mean quick.. so maybe what I watched is not his final edition.....
...It looks like a great product, but it needs better instruction

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne