DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any updates on the Mini 4 Pro SDK release?

JonathanEngr

Reactions
Hi, everyone. I was wondering if anyone "in the know" had any idea when (or if) there would be an SDK release for the Mini Pro 4. I have seen the link to a post from DJI where they said the first half of this year, and I was wondering if there had been any updates or rumors of when it may be coming out. Also, I purchased the drone with the integrated display. According to DJI, this cannot use 3rd party software due to the controller limitations. Is this a firmware issue? Since you can add an microSD I can't imagine it being due to storage space. Could DJI release an update allowing 3rd party app install on the controller?

Finally, I would like to use this drone for mapping with apps like drone harmony, map pilot pro, and so-on. Obviously these apps aren't available due to the fact the SDK hasn't been released. Are there many options out there at this time to do this with the DJI Pro 4? Thanks!

Reactions: FASTFJR
Hi, everyone. I was wondering if anyone "in the know" had any idea when (or if) there would be an SDK release for the Mini Pro 4. I have seen the link to a post from DJI where they said the first half of this year, and I was wondering if there had been any updates or rumors of when it may be coming out. Also, I purchased the drone with the integrated display. According to DJI, this cannot use 3rd party software due to the controller limitations. Is this a firmware issue? Since you can add an microSD I can't imagine it being due to storage space. Could DJI release an update allowing 3rd party app install on the controller?

Finally, I would like to use this drone for mapping with apps like drone harmony, map pilot pro, and so-on. Obviously these apps aren't available due to the fact the SDK hasn't been released. Are there many options out there at this time to do this with the DJI Pro 4? Thanks!
I can only hope, I miss using Litchi on my older smart controller. IDK if it will ever happen

Not allowing 3rd party apps seems to be a feature exclusive to the more expensive DJI RC Pro (the new smart controller). It might be to entice users of more advanced capability to the more expensive controller. It may also be that the RC Remote (the cheaper controller with the integrated display) doesn't have the memory or computing power to support 3rd party apps.

Reactions: FASTFJR
Unfortunately, the RC Pro doesn't support the M4P, and IMO it never will.

The DJI RC Introduced with the Mini 3P has processor, RAM, and storage limitations that make it impossible to support additional applications. It barely runs DJI Fly adequately, and fails at that on occasion.

The DJI RC2 introduced with the Air 3 and Mini 4P has upgraded CPU, RAM, and storage, and on paper looks capable of supporting Litchi and other 3rd Party apps. If DJI releases an SDK for the Mini 4P, maybe they'll add 3rd party app support to the RC2, but I very much doubt it.

Someone also might crack the RC2 security and make it possible to side-load apps. This is where I'd put my money. However, unless there is an SDK and developers choose to support the Mini 4P, it will be pretty pointless.

Further pessimism, if the stars align and we get an SDK and are able to load 3rd party apps on the RC2, it is near certain the SDK will be Virtual Stick operation, and the app from Litchi will be Litchi Pilot, a bare shadow of what Litchi is.

Bottom line, I think we're stuck with DJI waypoints.

Reactions: maggior and FASTFJR
Hello what about exporting to MINI4P a KMZ or CSV file provided by a mission build with Litchi? how to proceed? thank you

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas