DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 4 Pro ViFly Beacon Placement

wickett

Reactions
Hi I need help with the placement of a ViFly Beacon on my DJI Mini 4 Pro.
I haven’t flown it yet due to poor weather conditions but I have stuck the vifly at the top front in between the forward motion sensors using double sided tape.
I’m wondering if this will affect the obsticle avoidance or transmission?
I also have some glass bead high visibility tape.
Are there any areas on the Mini 4 to avoid blocking the antennas/GPS ?
I never managed to recover my Avata when I lost signal and forgot to switch on the vifly and would not fly without one.
Thanks

I wouldn't put anything on top unless it is absolutely secure in case it comes off in flight and get caught up in the props. With a beacon, you won't it secure to survive a crash so for the Mini 3/4 and similar, I would look to a ziptie solution to one of the rear arms (underneath).

Reactions: djiapel
@wickett if you are in Birmingham UK ,then just remember that adding the Beacon, will take it over the Sub 250g category

@wickett if you are in Birmingham UK ,then just remember that adding the Beacon, will take it over the Sub 250g category
A question.
By exceeding said weight limit, are there really enforcement folks in your area carrying a scale with the ability to determine the exact weight that is over said limit?
Just curious. It will be interesting here in the US to see how the enforcement for the rules that are written will be accomplished.
T.I.A.

Reactions: djiapel
The drone is labelled as 249 gram, so adding something to it will almost definitely make the weight surpass the 250g limit. There is no need for a scale... That said, I think enforcement will in any case only do something if you cause an accident, fly in a forbidden area or if your drone looks suspicious. But I might be wrong there.

A question.
By exceeding said weight limit, are there really enforcement folks in your area carrying a scale with the ability to determine the exact weight that is over said limit?
Just curious. It will be interesting here in the US to see how the enforcement for the rules that are written will be accomplished.
T.I.A.
I highly doubt the local police carry scales. At the moment we are actually allowed to fly drones above 249 grams in the UK.

The drone is labelled as 249 gram, so adding something to it will almost definitely make the weight surpass the 250g limit. There is no need for a scale... That said, I think enforcement will in any case only do something if you cause an accident, fly in a forbidden area or if your drone looks suspicious. But I might be wrong there.
Thanks I am well aware of the rules. Can someone please answer my question about placement of the rbeacon and reflective tape?

Can you please advise me on the best places to mount my ViFly Beacon and stick reflective tape on the mini 4 without blocking the antennas/GPS or interfering with the obstacle avoidance sensors ?
I currently have the Beacon placed on the top front,
Also are there any areas to avoid sticking the reflective tape?

I am aware that the beacon will push the weight above 249 grams but I can remove it when I’m flying closer to buildings and people.
Thanks

The red squares show the placement of the GPS antenna (not to be covered).
Screenshot_20240217_085122_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Reactions: Krrr and djiapel
Hi I need help with the placement of a ViFly Beacon on my DJI Mini 4 Pro.
I haven’t flown it yet due to poor weather conditions but I have stuck the vifly at the top front in between the forward motion sensors using double sided tape.
I’m wondering if this will affect the obsticle avoidance or transmission?
I also have some glass bead high visibility tape.
Are there any areas on the Mini 4 to avoid blocking the antennas/GPS ?
I never managed to recover my Avata when I lost signal and forgot to switch on the vifly and would not fly without one.
Thanks
I mount ViFly and Firehouse strobes in that location on my Mini 4 Pro using Velcro. I've had no problems whatsoever. I doubt that the tape would create a problem, either. It's not metallic.

Thanks. I think I need to use velcro or some kind of strap for easy removal when i'm shooting video in urban areas so that I can remove the ViFly and stay under 249 grams

It is registered. Insured. number plated. all above board. I didn’t really wanna know about everybody seems to be giving me legal advice for some reason. I found my answer. there’s a square halfway down the back at the top that I need to keep clear. Thanks.

Reactions: Starz
Thanks I am well aware of the rules. Can someone please answer my question about placement of the rbeacon and reflective tape?
I have attached a ViFly strobe with hi quality Velcro to the rear of my batteries. Doesn't interfere with anything and stands out well. I'm in Australia so weight is not a problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne