DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When you bought your Mavic

I was able to get the Fly More combo at a good price (About 200 quid more than the drone), so am very happy (the only thing I haven't used so far are the extra props and the car charger, both of which will see some use in the future).

I've only had it ten days, and I do a bit of practise flying before/after work as much as possible (carry it to work with the Fly More bag).

That's a SWEET bag, just ordered one.

I think you will be please. I worked up a video review but don't have it edited yet. I'll post it in a separate thread (has a modification mentioned). It's _well_ worth $20. The Lowpro Slingback 150 sells for around $60.

Had my flymore kit for about 4 days now, with another battery as well!
The car charger caught me out though.
It will only charge the mavic batteries when the vehicles battery voltage rises to charging rates. Over 13v!
If left with the vehicle not running, it just shuts down and will not charge the Mavic batteries!
I thought it was a fault with my van at first...lol

The combo kit is great for starting, but the only issue is the bag they supply.
The rc controller arms really need one of those plastic locking bars to prevent them being forced over when inserted into the bag. Space is a bit tight.
Great for packing when going on holiday but for daily use I'll use a camera bag with a bit more room.

Overall, I personally think its worth the extra, if you can find one for sale!....

Reactions: Skyler
I have the Flymore Combo, and I believe it's better value.
The bag is great quality, but believe with the standard AC charger and the base, it's difficult to comfortably house all components.
I may look for a aftermarket YX 5-in-1 rapid charger, which I believe will fit better into the bag,
The additional two batteries make the deal very competitive.

I can fit everything in the DJI bag and its small enough i can take it anywhere.

The RC can be angled with the spare props down the sides keeping the sticks in place.

Fly more kit is a great beginners kit to give you everything you need.

Honestly i cant be arsed to spend my life on Amazon ordering spares etc just to save 100 bucks.

A friend also bought me some extra props and a couple extra batteries as they lived next to a shop that had them.

Apart from that i would not have bothered with anything else except the extra props.

I bought the Fly More combo and am mostly pleased with it. The charging hub works well and although I've still to try it, the car charger will, I'm sure, prove useful on extended trips. However, although it's well made, the bag is too small. You risk damaging the Mavic while trying to squash it into its compartment and then you can only fit the controller (again risking damage to the protruding joysticks) OR your spare batteries, not both, which defeats the purpose of the bag. Tcope's suggestion above seems a much more suitable option.

Reactions: Gary cato
I bought the Fly More combo and am mostly pleased with it. The charging hub works well and although I've still to try it, the car charger will, I'm sure, prove useful on extended trips. However, although it's well made, the bag is too small. You risk damaging the Mavic while trying to squash it into its compartment and then you can only fit the controller (again risking damage to the protruding joysticks) OR your spare batteries, not both, which defeats the purpose of the bag. Tcope's suggestion above seems a much more suitable option.
You can fit everything in the fly more kit into the bag. including the batteries, and without squashing everything toi much. You are not packing the bag right, have one battery in the mavic two in the very front bag pocket, use the side pockets not for the batteries but use them for all the chargers, in the RC slot put the square charging port face down first. this squares out the RC slot. The RC then slides in nicely. one set of spare props down each side of the RC which you put in diagonally not straight in IE corners of RC to corners of bag slot.

Everything will fit in the bag.

You can fit everything in the fly more kit into the bag. including the batteries, and without squashing everything toi much. You are not packing the bag right, have one battery in the mavic two in the very front bag pocket, use the side pockets not for the batteries but use them for all the chargers, in the RC slot put the square charging port face down first. this squares out the RC slot. The RC then slides in nicely. one set of spare props down each side of the RC which you put in diagonally not straight in IE corners of RC to corners of bag slot.

Everything will fit in the bag.
Thanks Gary cato, I stand corrected! Clearly I've been too timid in my packing arrangements.

Thanks Gary cato, I stand corrected! Clearly I've been too timid in my packing arrangements.

I can fit everything in the DJI bag and its small enough i can take it anywhere.

The RC can be angled with the spare props down the sides keeping the sticks in place.

Fly more kit is a great beginners kit to give you everything you need.

Honestly i cant be arsed to spend my life on Amazon ordering spares etc just to save 100 bucks.

A friend also bought me some extra props and a couple extra batteries as they lived next to a shop that had them.

Apart from that i would not have bothered with anything else except the extra props.

Yep seen videos how to pack it, but think I am being a bit over critical of the bag, would you really have the AC charger in the bag, I am taking it to NYC soon and will have the batteries in a Lipo bag, in my hand luggage.
So my DJI bag will be housing just the drone and controller, and charging base.

Fly more ordered and will be delivered Monday morning 4-3-17 I will use the bag but will get a hard case for it to live in

Yep seen videos how to pack it, but think I am being a bit over critical of the bag, would you really have the AC charger in the bag, I am taking it to NYC soon and will have the batteries in a Lipo bag, in my hand luggage.
So my DJI bag will be housing just the drone and controller, and charging base.

yep i carry everything in my bag never know exactly where i will be when travelling or wjen i might need it. often in Thailand electricity is scarce hence car charger goes in. also the fly more has a power bank adaptor handy for charging your RC or phone when you have no other source except a depleted mavic battery to use.
I 0ften just throw the bag in the car with a few clothes and just drive for a few days and i never know when i might need to just get going with no notice, So everything goes in and with me. I am so used to it now i do the same with my Mavic in London even though i dont really have too, its just habbit.

(yes i am lucky enough to have two fly mores, one in London and one in Thailand and sometimes both at the same time lol).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIFly