DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where are all my M2Z photos stored?

jpzend125

Reactions
I am new to the group and love seeing what everyone does. I am still learning all about this amazing drone and the first thing i would like to do is keep track of photos and videos on my laptop, so i can start learning how to edit, etc.
I have the smart controller and i have attached it to my computer and checked every folder, but only a few files were there. I know about the micro card and they are not there. However, when i use the controller, I can see everything nice and organized. what am i missing besides a brain?

That or the 8GB internal storage on the AC.
If it is in the internal storage, you'll need to connect the AC to your PC and power on the AC. Similar to what you'd do to connect to Assistant.

The SC may have lower quality cache video if you have that enabled in the app.

Reactions: jpzend125
The SC has a menu that you can select where you want your pics and video to store to. Internal or sd. The drone itself has the best photos and video tho. I use the smart controller to record the screen to look back at and see the data saved during my flights.

Reactions: jpzend125 and RZR12
Likely they are on the SD card in your drone in a second level subfolder.
I have checked all folders and sub folders. Could the files be hidden, like in a windows explore?
The SC has a menu that you can select where you want your pics and video to store to. Internal or sd. The drone itself has the best photos and video tho. I use the smart controller to record the screen to look back at and see the data saved during my flights.
Thanks TampaTC, i finally found them burried and named oddly which is why i missed them first. I do have a follow up: i have a card in the controller and in the aircraft. I have set the storage to the card, which i assume is in the controller. As a best practice, do you remove the Bird's card for transfer to a computer and just leave the card in the controller until it's full?

Reactions: TampaTC
I have checked all folders and sub folders. Could the files be hidden, like in a windows explore?

Thanks TampaTC, i finally found them burried and named oddly which is why i missed them first. I do have a follow up: i have a card in the controller and in the aircraft. I have set the storage to the card, which i assume is in the controller. As a best practice, do you remove the Bird's card for transfer to a computer and just leave the card in the controller until it's full?
I download the to my computer after every use. I do it by inserting the card into my computer. This keeps me from losing images or vids in a worst scenario.

Reactions: TampaTC
As a best practice, do you remove the Bird's card for transfer to a computer and just leave the card in the controller until it's full?

Best practice: remove card and use a card reader to download. (Takes less time, and reduces battery consumption using the drone)

I use 128gb cards. I keep one in the SC all the time. I rotate 4 others thru the M2P. Iwhen I pull the card out of the drone I put in the next card. I pull cards after a day of shooting OR "The shots are Not Something I could shoot again at another time" SD cards go bad over time. So having an extra in the SC helps to have one backup you could put in the drone if you forgot to put one in or if it became damaged. I plan on replacing all my cards (5) at or after Christmas. I asked my wife to tell anyone that's ask what to get me for Christmas give them the link to my preferred Micro SD card. LoL.
One other thing, When I had my photography business and would do shoots I accounted in the cost of SD cards. I would only use the card for that shoot. Some contacts required me to turn over the cards others I retained and filed with the paperwork.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore