DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where can i fly in NYC?

Bossing1978

Reactions
Guys ill be staying in NYC For a week, where can i fly my drone and wont get in trouble. Thank you

Check the B4UFLY app, there a few places you could fly, not necessarily right in Manhattan though.

Also you can always go to Jersey and fly from there to see the Manhattan skyline.

Reactions: Bossing1978
Check the B4UFLY app, there a few places you could fly, not necessarily right in Manhattan though.

Also you can always go to Jersey and fly from there to see the Manhattan skyline.

Thank you for the tip Ozzie

I'm in NYC frequently and will be there in two weeks. I'm wondering the same thing. I'll go to NJ if I have to.

Be careful in NJ also. With 3 major airports all within 10 miles of each other it really limits where you an fly. You just cant come over to the west side of the Hudson river and fly legally. Its actually 4 major airports because Teterboro is the main private, non commercial airport for the NYC area and every corporate private jet and rich guy is flying out of there. Everyone wants the cinematic shots of the NYC skyline from the NJ side but because of the 4 airports controlled airspace, it pretty much eliminates anything along the Hudson.

I live 12 miles due west of NYC and I am just outside of the Newark & Teterboro airspace. If you do come over, you have to go west and north to Bergen, Passaic or Morris county. Couple of local Class airports but nothing like the monster that you have to navigate around NYC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djionas