DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where did the photos go?

KurtpH

Reactions
OK, I’m a noob with only 71 flights under my belt, but bear with me. I have a first gen Mavic Air. I finally decided to try a 360 degree photo of my home. I pushed all the right icons, had in a good, fast card just in case, watched it rotate through the series of photos. I even went to my back yard and repeated it just for the experience. So I get inside, and I can’t find the photos. I have two videos on the SD card that I shot two days ago. I thought, maybe they store in the Mavic Air, so I plugged it into my computer. Nothing. I thought, maybe they are hiding in DJI GO 4, nope. Any ideas? I searched for this problem, but no one before seems to have been so un-talented, so don’t start by saying I should have searched the site, I tried.

Attachments

• E4EAD6C3-C9C3-4400-A6EC-B4CA50E96567.jpeg
    E4EAD6C3-C9C3-4400-A6EC-B4CA50E96567.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 11

Reactions: itsneedtokno
I did that, then I plugged in the drone (funny that I have to turn that on to see the contents), then I even reinserted the micro-SD card into the drone and looked everywhere. That photo is after tapping the panorama arrow. There is nothing. I’m stumped. I saw the photos being taken. I even selected that I wanted the individual photos to be saved. Nothing! I’m going to repeat the experience today, but you have to admit that it sounds ridiculous that you have to transfer photos before you turn off your drone, as one of those responses implies. That makes no sense.

Last edited:
Look under the multimedia folder and see if you don't have a full completed 360 jpg in there. The drone will not store the raw/jpgs of the pano unless you have that option checked in djigo4. The drone's 360 will just be stored in with the rest of all still photos. The Panorama folder is where the separate images that make up the pano are stored.

If you have that option checked, (store raw/jpg) while creating a pano, then you have another issue.

You might consider resetting the camera in djigo4, using a different card (after formatting in drone).

If all that fails, not sure what next steps would be.

Paul C

Reactions: KurtpH
Aha!! I went out and repeated the experiment just now. All of the individual photos are under the Panorama section which doesn’t make a lot of sense and the “360° composite“ is under 100 media, and how I got them to show up is simple: I pushed the shutter button and waited longer and the shutter button has a 360° symbol return to it before you should move the drone again. I was just moving the drone too soon, and somehow it deleted all the photos.
Oddly, I thought that being a 360° picture you could keep turning to the right and it would just keep rotating, I didn’t realize that it would be something that you came to an end and had to go back.
It would not let me post the full image, only “large.” 9A488915-8B10-408B-86B2-F026142FAA7E.jpeg

Look under the multimedia folder and see if you don't have a full completed 360 jpg in there. The drone will not store the raw/jpgs of the pano unless you have that option checked in djigo4. The drone's 360 will just be stored in with the rest of all still photos. The Panorama folder is where the separate images that make up the pano are stored.

If you have that option checked, (store raw/jpg) while creating a pano, then you have another issue.

You might consider resetting the camera in djigo4, using a different card (after formatting in drone).

If all that fails, not sure what next steps would be.

Paul C
See my response separately. I figured it out! Don’t push the shutter button and fly to a new spot as soon as the last photo is snapped. Wait for it to return to the “globe” symbol. It takes about 3-5 seconds!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair