DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where do photos go?

GunnarBerg

Reactions
Probably been answered a thousand times already but only videos show up on my google pixel phone.
I can't believe you'd have to take the micro SD card out, put it into a card reader, then look for the still photos on the card.
That can't be right.

Hit the arrow under camera settings and download what ever
picture you want and it should save to your device.
Has to be done before you power off drone.

Thanks for your responses. The main question was why lo-res video shows up on my phone immediately but not still thumbnail photos. I figured it out, but it's a clunky process if you ask me.

Probably been answered a thousand times already but only videos show up on my google pixel phone.
I can't believe you'd have to take the micro SD card out, put it into a card reader, then look for the still photos on the card.
That can't be right.
GunnarBerg
I have owned the spark and now the mavic pro 2. I never remove the SD. I just plug my laptop into the usb port copy files then delete the files off the card which is still in the bird.

There is a downside to that to cosider though and have seen it.
Mess up plugging or trying to and mess up that USB port then you have to have that fixed. Course removing the card all the time does wear i guess on the spring or whatever pushing in the card everytime
but ive never seen that to have happened over the years except a few times . I when get through flying if I have only took a few pictures check them in the app and if I see some I want I take the card out.
If not I just reformat the card for the next outing.
Just my 2 cents.?‍♂️

I have used the usb cable, but mostly I take the SD card out.

I find that the download speed is much higher if I take out the card and use a card reader to transfer...with the USB-c cable, its around 20Mb/sec, and with a card reader, about 90Mb/sec...

Why can’t it be right? That’s how it is with ANY camera. The videos that show up are lo res, cached video files, not the full res. You have to off load the full res videos too.

Recent Canon cameras (EOS rebel, 60D, others I'm sure) allow wireless transfer of images and videos to the computer over wifi. I agree with the sentiment that this feature would be very nice on the drones.

I really don't like removing the card in the drone. Tru story: I have a Canon SLR (7D) in which I bent a pin in the memory card socket when inserting a compact flash card. I CAREFULLY straightened the pin with tweezers, CARFULLY put the card back in, and never removed it again (transferred over USB cable after that).

Recent Canon cameras (EOS rebel, 60D, others I'm sure) allow wireless transfer of images and videos to the computer over wifi. I agree with the sentiment that this feature would be very nice on the drones.

I really don't like removing the card in the drone. Tru story: I have a Canon SLR (7D) in which I bent a pin in the memory card socket when inserting a compact flash card. I CAREFULLY straightened the pin with tweezers, CARFULLY put the card back in, and never removed it again (transferred over USB cable after that).
Wireless transfer IS already on DJI products since Phantom 2 (or 3). I tried it a few times, but it’s painfully slow. It’s a lot quicker to take the 2 seconds it takes to pop out the sd card and tranfer files OR connect via usb cable. The drone also acts like a thumb drive when plugged in via usb.

The point is you have to manually transfer the files one way or another.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman