DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where is the Time to Discharge adjustment?

OnTheRopes

Reactions
According to this This I should be able to adjust my Time to discharge setting. I have firmware 01.00.0510 on the aircraft.
It also states I need to be running DJI Go 4.3.24 or later, I have updated DJI Go app and it tells me it is the latest version, but under the General settings it tells me it is 4.3.16?
Anyway, I seem to have no menu item to change the time to discharge setting, any help appreciated, thanks
Edit: ahh a little more research and it appears I need to update via DJI Assisitant too, thats a first for me so please ignore!!

Last edited:
So I updated via DJI Assistant 2 and yet my App firmware is still 4.3.16? Is the latest update 4.3.24 not available for the smart controller ?
If its anything like the Crystal Sky no.
I use the CS all of the time but if I want to change the battery discharge settings I have to plug my phone into the controller which uses the latest Go4 update and do it via that. In fact I only just did it for my M2P batteries about thirty minutes before seeing this post, funny that...
It's a real PIA that DJI havent updated the CS and SC to the latest versions yet.

Thanks, yes it is a real pain, not sure if its possible to update the SC via a phone though?

Thanks, yes it is a real pain, not sure if its possible to update the SC via a phone though?
Ah no I see your point, you are kind of stuck with a standard controller to link the phone to...

Ah no I see your point, you are kind of stuck with a standard controller to link the phone to...
Until DJI decide they can be bothered to update the SC I guess so, seeing as I dont know anyone with a standard controller to borrow

You might be able to side load the latest version of Go onto the SC.
Be sure the SC is completely up to date. If memory serves, that won't help if the latest SC update package has an outdated version of Go, but in case Go is updated, verify you do have latest SC update.

I contacted DJI support about this and here was their response:

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We appreciate your time for sending an email to us and let me do my best to assist you.

As of the moment, we do not have an information about the future update for Smart Controller but on updating the App version, you may refer below:

For DJI Smart Controller (with firmware v565 and above), the App could be updated independently (currently v530 did not support check for update in App, please mainly refer to the second method). There are two ways as follow:

1. When connected the Internet, try check for Update by entering DJI GO 4, see Settings-Check for Update:

2. Update it by APK files, please refer to the following:
  • Download the APK files in official website, see the link as:
DJI GO 4- DJI Download Center- DJI *the following pic as v4.3.25 for you information*.

• Move the APK file into the root of SD card, or directly connect the DJI Smart Controller with PC via type-c cable and move to relative path:

• Entering the relative path in file manager, you could see the APK file. By click the file to install it.
(Noted: This way could cover the old version App directly with the data remain)

• After installed, there would be showing “data initializing” by checking DJI GO 4. But the account and relative settings would not be changed when it is done.

So, maybe it can be done if I can figure out exactly what they mean

So I updated via DJI Assistant 2 and yet my App firmware is still 4.3.16? Is the latest update 4.3.24 not available for the smart controller ?
This topic came up last year...here is the link....worked for me.

This topic came up last year...here is the link....worked for me.
Thank you, that helped and it is now updated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d