DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where to find settings for photos, videos taken

KenG

Reactions
Is there somewhere to find settings of photos taken or video recorded? I went out a few weeks ago and took photos and video making a lot of changes in camera settings to see the differences. Now that I have time to renew the work, I can see the results of what turned out better but am now trying to figure out what settings I used. Is there a file associated with each shot that would give me what I'm looking for?

Thanks,

If you are using a Windows computer, you can right click on an image and select Properties, then the Details tab.
Scroll down and you can see Camera settings.
1706128242551.png

Reactions: michaeldallen1
If you are using a Windows computer, you can right click on an image and select Properties, then the Details tab.
Scroll down and you can see Camera settings.
View attachment 172106
Thanks Sam. I have a mac. I can right click and select info on a photo and get most of the data. Clicking on any video, hyperlapse or other only gives me file size and length.

Sorry Ken, I dont speak Mac/Apple OS. I hope you can get some useful info from what you see there.
Typically, the most you can get from a video is Frame Rate, Width and Height.

Reactions: michaeldallen1
I process my images and video on a MacBook Pro using LightRoom. All the images/videos are imported with attached data files (EXIF etc) thus LR has location, date time, and complete camera settings and exposure-even altitude. However the altitude is often erroneous.

Is there somewhere to find settings of photos taken or video recorded? I went out a few weeks ago and took photos and video making a lot of changes in camera settings to see the differences. Now that I have time to renew the work, I can see the results of what turned out better but am now trying to figure out what settings I used. Is there a file associated with each shot that would give me what I'm looking for?

Thanks,
Your RAW editor will show detailed picture metadata

I process my images and video on a MacBook Pro using LightRoom. All the images/videos are imported with attached data files (EXIF etc) thus LR has location, date time, and complete camera settings and exposure-even altitude. However the altitude is often erroneous.
All still images contain far more metadata than most Exif viewers will show.
There are two different altitudes shown in the metadata.
One (Relative Height) is the height you see on your screen while flying.
It should be quite accurate.
The other (Absolute Altitude or GPS Altitude) is completely useless and cannot be relied on at all.
i-86h32VK-L.jpg

Thank you. What data source are you showing in your attached impressive photo
Doug

Thank you. What data source are you showing in your attached impressive photo
That's just part of the metadata for one image.
Here's how much Picture Information Extractor shows:
i-9m8NJdH-XL.jpg

OP's asking about video. There's nothing for that.

EDIT: Ignore, just tried, bad memory, can't do this.

I'll try it and see later when I can, but maybe someone knows: Can't you grab a frame while shooting video by pessimg the photo shutter button? And might this image contain the EXIF data from that capture?

If so, and you shoot the video in Pro mode with fixed settings, that might be a way to capture this data for use with the video.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weblloyd