DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where to fly in Boca Raton

Joel1521

Reactions
I am vacationing in Boca Raton for a few months and, because of my proximity to the Boca Raton airport, I am in a No Fly Zone. Does anyone have any suggestions about where to fly in Palm Beach or Broward County Florida?

Download the FAA's B4YOUFLY app. It provides the official work on what's legal. You can specify a location or allow it to use your device location.

Have a look at the app. But it looks like the controlled airspace around BCT l(Boca Raton Airport) locks up most of the area around Boca Raton. But you can use LAANC to get approval to fly in some areas.

You can get into Class G airspace up around Delray Beach.

Reactions: twickers14
Download the FAA's B4YOUFLY app. It provides the official work on what's legal. You can specify a location or allow it to use your device location.

Have a look at the app. But it looks like the controlled airspace around BCT l(Boca Raton Airport) locks up most of the area around Boca Raton. But you can use LAANC to get approval to fly in some areas.

You can get into Class G airspace up around Delray Beach.
Perfect, thank you!

I am vacationing in Boca Raton for a few months and, because of my proximity to the Boca Raton airport, I am in a No Fly Zone. Does anyone have any suggestions about where to fly in Palm Beach or Broward County Florida?
My Air Air Map Boca Raton area.jpegmap shows a lot of areas that are less than 400 feet, and ofccourse, you try going west outside of the circle.

Welcome down, Sir Joel1521!
A "few months" vacation must be pretty nice!
Lots of places to fly in the area!
Here's sunrise taken from the Boca inlet last year!
Enjoy your stay!

RrmBMj6.jpg

Hello to all in Florida. I'm going to be in the Boynton Beach area next week and I'm looking for advice on flying my Mini2. I have my TRUST cert and did register my mini as I expect I may use added landing gear. I'm not asking anyone to blow up their favorite spots, but looking for know good areas for flying and if there are "unfriendly" areas to avoid.

I can tell you this I fly about three blocks away from Miami international airport. I usually submit a week ahead a request that I'll be flying at approximately 150 ft and I always get approved for the day and time usually on weekends never had an issue. I suggest submitting your approval at least a week maybe two ahead so there's time for them to look at it and make adjustments on the altitude and area. Good luck

BTW look at a loft or air map and you will see there's lots of places you can fly in Boca towards the beach area especially.

Use the FAA's B4YOUFLY app to check on limitations in specific locations.
Thanks, I did use airmap and b4ufly and even booked my hotel based on where I wanted to fly.

Palm Beach county allows recreational drone operation in most county parks (not nature centers, wildlife areas, etc.) as long as you follow state and federal laws. They even accept park photo and video donations. You can find this info on the county website and there's a link to a list of their parks. If I get any good photos or video I'll post them in that section. Thanks to all.

Reactions: Drone_Pilot

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo